XI » eleven

"Why do we have to watch this stupid movie. It's old and boring," Adam confessed. I shook my head and rolled my eyes at him.

"It a good movie Adam. You should actually pay attention to it, then you'll understand it," Justin replied.

I nodded my head and sat back on the couch. We were all in the family room waiting for the pizza to arrive.

"All I'm saying is, it's a dumb movie and I don't see how or why either of you like it," Adam said, raising his hands in defense.

The T.V had been set to the movie and we all sat there on the furniture waiting to hear a knock on the door so we could start the movie.

"I'm starving," Adam complained. "In the meantime, what is there to snack on while we wait for the pizza?" He questioned, getting up from the couch and going into the kitchen.

"There's nothing in there," I said simply.

"What do you eat all day then?"

"I manage," was all I said.

We sat there quietly a few minutes longer until there was a knock on the door.

"Finally," I whispered under my breath as I got up and walked to the door. I had already had the money ready, so when I opened the door, the pizza man and I exchanged, and that was it.

I put the box of pizza on the coffee table and open it up and we all grab a slice before I pressed play.
»
"Dear Mr. Vernon, we accept the fact that we had to sacrifice a whole Saturday in detention for whatever it was we did wrong. But we think you're crazy to make an essay telling you who we think we are. You see us as you want to see us... In the simplest terms, in the most convenient definitions. But what we found out is that each one of us is a brain...
...and an athlete...
...and a basket case...
...a princess...
...and a criminal...
Does that answer your question?...
Sincerely yours,
the Breakfast Club."

I quickly wiped the tear the was at the brim of my eye and put the rest of the slice of pizza I had in my hand on the table.

"This was the lamest thing. Anyways, thanks for the pizza, I'm out," Adam replied, throwing the crust of his pizza into the empty pizza box before he walked over to the door and left.

I faced the screen and smiled.

"I don't get Adam. This movie is so good. I just don't understand what he hates about it," I confessed, talking to myself specifically.

"I agree. I love how they all put their differences aside and learn to get along. They were all from completely different social groups and in the end, they learned to accept one another," Justin spoke.

I nodded my head and flashed a smile at him.

"At least someone gets me."

Justin smiled and got up from the couch and walked to the kitchen. Do you have any bottled waters in here?" He questioned, opening the door of the refrigerator. "Uh, never mind. We need to go shopping for your house. Do you have any cash?"

I got up, grabbing the pizza box and walking it to the trash. "Yeah, my parents left me some cash. I'm just too lazy to go to the grocery store," I confessed.

"Well, go put on some shoes, we're going now."

I furrowed my eyebrows.

"It's eight at night. Can't I just go to sleep?" I whined.

"No," Justin spoke, walking over to me and pushing me to the front door. "Put on your shoes, and let's go."

I rolled my eyes and picked up my shoes and slipped them on. Justin had already grabbed the keys, so we walked out of the door and Justin locked it behind him.