XIX » nineteen

"Now Romeo and Juliet,
Bet they never felt the way we felt.
Bonnie and Clyde,
Never had to hide like we do, we do.
You and I both know it can't work,
It's all fun and games,
'Til someone gets hurt,
And I don't, I won't let that be you

Now you don't wanna let go,
And I don't wanna let you know
That there might be something real between us two, who knew?
Now we don't wanna fall but,
We're tripping in our hearts and,
It's reckless and clumsy,
Cause I know you can't love me, hey

I wish we had another time,
I wish we had another place,
But everything we have is stuck in the moment,
And there's nothing my heart can do
To fight with time and space,
'Cause I'm still stuck in the moment with you."

Justin removed his hands from the keys and turned to look at me. I smiled at him and he smiled back.

"It's a new song in working on. I know it's not perfect, but I think it's getting there," he chuckled, rubbing his hands on his pants.

I kept quiet and stared and him as he focused back on the keyboard, than back at me.

"What? You hate it don't you? You haven't said a word since I opened my mouth to sing."

"No, That's totally not it. I—I'm shocked. I didn't know you could sing like that," I confessed.

"Oh it's nothing, but how did you like the lyrics?"

"They're amazing. You wrote that? All by yourself?"

"Yeah. I try to write a few pieces here and there. This has been my favorite so far though. It's meaningful. The other ones are just things I throw together, but this one is actually the one. If you get what I'm saying," he chuckled, adjusting the mic.

"I totally understand," I paused. "So how'd you like the mic? Were you surprised when your dad gave it to you today?" I questioned.

Justin looked at me with furrowed eyebrows.

"How did you—" he began.

"Woah, that came out creeper than I thought. You're dad came to the music store today. He said you wanted mic and that he wanted to surprise you."

"Oh, okay," he smiled at me. His caramel eyes twinkling in the light and his bright teen exposed. I lowered my head feeling intimidated. "I love it actually," he ended.

I looked up at him and smiled before his appearance intimidated me again, so I looked down at my lap.

"Why do you always do that?" He questioned, placing a hand on my knee. I could feel a rush shoot through my body at his touch, so I focus my eyes on his hand.

"Do what?"

"That. You look at me for like three seconds and then you turn away. Do I have something in my teeth or is my hair messy?"

I broke my gaze phone his hand and looked up at him.

"No, it's not that. Your teeth and your hair is perfectly fine," I confessed honestly, lowering my head again.

"Than what is it?" He asked, grabbing a hold of my chin and lifting it up so we'd be making eye contact with each other.

"Well," I began, feeling anxiousness creep on me. "I just feel intimidated by you," I confessed.

Justin removed his hand from my chin and smiled. I lowered my head again and began playing with my fingers.

"What? Why?" He asked confused.

I looked at him and smiled.

"I mean look at you. You have the best eyes. The perfect teeth. Let's not forget to mention how perfect your hair is. You just look really nice, all the time. It's intimidating sometimes, hell all the time," I confessed truthfully.

"Me? Ari have you seen yourself? I'm the one that's always intimidated by you. You are so beautiful that every time I see you, my palms get so sweaty. You're so pretty that there's nothing I can even compare to you because you beat everything. Don't even get me started with your lips. The way they curve into a perfect smile," Justin spoke.

I lowered my head and smiled.

He grabbed his hand and lifted my chin up again and we both looked at each other for a while before a smile crossed Justin's lips and he closed his eyes and leaned in for a kiss. I looked at him for a slight second before I locked my eyes shut and our lips gently touched each other.

"Mom said—"

Justin and I quickly jumped apart and put our focus on the door.

"Mom said dinner is ready Justin," Adam spat, buttoning his top button before he rolled his eyes and walked away. Taylor had been standing behind him with hair all over the place.

"I'm sorry," Justin whispered before he stood up from the chair and walked over to the door where Taylor had been.

"No I'm sorry. Really," I replied, getting up and following in Justin's footsteps to the door.

Taylor raised her eyebrows at me and I shooed her off as Justin walked in front of me.

"We'll talk about all of this later," I whispered.

We all walked downstairs and Justin headed for the dining room to sit at the table while Taylor and I wanted to the front door.

"You know you two girls can stay for dinner if you'd like. We have plenty of food." Pattie assured.

"Uh, no th—"

"We'd love to," Taylor interrupted me, walking into the dining room.

"Okay, I guess we will stay."

Taylor sat in the chair between Adam and Pattie, which left the spot between Jeremy and Justin opened.

Great.

I mentally said to myself, taking s seat in the chair.

"So Aria here works at Music Etc. isn't that surprising. I walked in there today and she was all in uniform," Jeremy chuckled, sipping his soup.

"Nice, that's what Justin and Adam need to be doing. Trying to find a job. Summer jobs are always the best," Pattie informed.

"Yeah, I'll think of doing that. Maybe find a few people to stay a band with. You never know mom. Maybe I'll be famous one day," Justin smiled.

"You have to have talent to be famous Justin," Adam butted in. I rolled my eyes, and picked up my spoon and dipped it into my soup.

"Justin does have talent. He plays the keyboard like a pro and his singing is more than perfect," I nearly whispered.

"Yeah, well nobody asked for your opinion Aria," Adam spat.

"Well I jus fig—"

"You figured what? That we'd like to hear what you had to say? Well we don't. So just stop talking," Adam replied angrily.

"Adam don't talk to her that way," Jeremy spoke calmly.

"I most certainly do not need you to defend me." I spat, looking over to Justin. I wanted him to say something to Adam, but he just stayed quiet. "I'm out of here," I replied, getting up from the table and racing over to the door, then straight home.