XXIX » twenty-nine

After Adam had left, I picked up my phone and made my way to my bedroom.

Smallviller: I know you don't want me to give you this speech, but someone has to. It's not right. On so many levels. Just date one of his sons for crying out loud.

Camryn17: It's not that simple. I can't just act like I don't have feelings for him anymore. I'm seriously in love with him, and last night just made me realize how much I truly want to be with him. I sound like s crazy person. I know, but I can't help it.

My thumb hovered over the send button for quite a while before I decided to actually send the messages. No one would ever understand.

Smallviller: Cammie... What happened last night?

Camryn17: It's none of your business to be quite honest.

Smallviller: You two had sex. Didn't you?

Camryn17: Whatever. He told me how much he loves me. He bought me this beautiful bracelet and he stayed the night with me. Not many guys my age can be as sweet as him.

Bizzle was trying to make me feel bad about how I felt with Jeremy, but I wasn't going to let him change my opinion of him.

Smallviller: Maybe because you haven't given one the chance. Try me. I can be a good boyfriend. I promise.

Furrowing my eyebrows at his absurd statement, I typed in my reply.

Camryn17: Is that your way of asking me out Bizzle?

Smallviller: No. Actually, let's make a deal. You date me for a week. And you see how you like it. No connect with the married guy whatsoever. I mean, you can say hi and what not, but nothing more. After the week is over, if you don't like it, we break it off, you go back to the married guy, and I get off your ass about it. How's that.

Camryn17: Hmm..

I thought about it for a second. I mean, it's not much he can do that's going to change my opinion of Jeremy. How far can an online relationship go? I do this, and he leaves me alone about this for good.

Smallviller: So? What do you say?

I reread his message over and over again, contemplating whether or not I should do it.

Camryn17: Fine, but when I win, I don't want to hear anything about it, okay?

Smallviller: Okay. Oh, and no cheating on each other either.

I rolled my eyes at him message and locked my phone. Checking the time, I realized I had to be to work pretty soon, so I took a shower and did my makeup before I hopped in the car and made it to work. The shop had been awkwardly quiet when I walked in.

"John? Lizzy?" I questioned. It was unusual for the shop to be quiet because John always made sure to have instrumentals playing, soothing music to drink your beverage to, or read your book to, but that wasn't the case. Not to mention how vacant it had been. When I didn't get an answer, I walked to the back to into the office.

"Joh-"

"Aria? What are you doing here so soon?" He questioned nervously, as Lizzy sprang up from the desk. I turned my head around to walk away.

"I do work here ya know? What exactly– Why– I don't even know what to say. You two couldn't have done that somewhere else?" I spat. I could hear them shuffling around, maybe trying to get their clothes up.

"We were slow today. No customers. We were bored. It just kind of happened," John informed.

"Well, maybe next time, it can 'happen' somewhere I want walk in on you two at," I replied. Before either of them had a chance to say anything, the bell dinged at the front counter so I walked out of the office to welcome the customer.