Chapter 22

This is only the surface.

June 20 2015

Chaos.  That's the only word that could describe Camp Half Blood.  Every Demigod in a rush of preparation and anxiety.  Whinny watched silently from her cell.  She felt useless.  She felt like a burden.  Leo sat on the other side of the glass wall and worked away on what she guessed was a weapon to help them win.

That's when Nico walked in, Chiron right behind him.  Without realizing, Whinny straightened her posture and tried to tame her hair.  Whinny looked towards Nico for answers who with a single look assured her that everything was going to be okay.  

"Whinny," Chiron spoke in a rough voice," as requested by Nico, you will be in the ship with Leo instead of your cell for your safety.  You will be in restraints for Leo's safety."  Chiron walked over to her cell and began to unlock her cell.  It felt as if Chiron was in slow motion.  Whinny yearned to get out of this confined place and to be with Nico in the time they had.

As soon as the lock was opened,  Nico and the girl rushed into each other's arms.  This was felt right.  Being there in each other's arms was where they found safety and reassurance.  After so long of being together but not being able to be together, this was like a refreshing drink of water on a summer's day.  Whinny placed her face in the crook of Nico's neck as he slowly rubbed her back and trying to pull her impossibly closer.

"It's been so long Whin," Whinny couldn't help the huge smile on er face as the two Demigods separated.  They were interrupted by the sound of a throat clearing.  They both turned to see Chiron holding out handcuffs.

"Chiron," Leo spoke up," I really don't think those are necessary."

"They are required," was his only answer.

Slowly, Nico took the restraints from Chiron and looked at them in his hand, sadness and regret covering his face.  Whinny offered her wrists and gave the poor boy a small smile when her gave her a questioning look.  As carefully as he could, Nico placed the cuffs on Whinny.

Hand in hand, they both followed Chiron to prepare for battle.  Their walk to the campfire was refreshing for Whinny despite the feeling of dread in the air.  She had no idea of the outcome of this war.  She has no idea of the casualties.  She only knew to cherish this freedom and sense of companionship with Nico and Leo because who knows when life will force it out of your hold.

Finally an update! I know it's short but I wanted to give you guys something which was inspired by the awesome feedback and the achievement of 2k reads!

I love you guys!

-Christian