Chapter 5

She's in the clouds, heavy and dark, waiting to fall life rain.

2015 June 17th

Squinting up at the blazing sun, Whinny was awoke by the sound of three voices. Whinny sits straight up and hugs her knees to her body.

Whinny sees a girl with blond hair and grey eyes talking to the boy with dark hair and green eyes.
Nico is also sitting a few feet away from where whinny had been laying.

"Whinny it's okay," Nico whispers when he sees the panic in the scared girls eyes," We aren't going to hurt you. This is Percy and Annabeth," he says pointing to the boy and girl.

"Hey Whinny," Annabeth whispers scooting closer to her," we have a couple of questions.
"Annabeth I'm not sure if-" Percy starts until he's interrupted by Whinny.

"N-no it's okay." Nico scoots over so he is shoulder-to-shoulder with Whinny.
"You remember me right?" Nico says staring intensely at Whinny. She only nods.

"You remember what happened to you a few days ago?" Another nod.
"Do you think you can explain to us what exactly happened?" Percy adds.

Whinny scrunched up her eye brows as she tried to decide whether to trust these people, and if so then how would she explain what is wrong with her.

Would they gat scared? Run away? Or would what happened last time reoccur? Nico could see the girl's hesitation and ,assuming that he was the only one the girl trusted, he took her hand.

"W-well as you know Thanatos is my father so as m-my power I kind of absorb monsters."
"Yeah but that doesn't explain how your exactly the same age as you were five years ago," Nico says still confused.

"Um... every... creature that I absorb," Whinny begins carefully choosing her words," I take on the years they have lived." That seems to have shocked everyone as their mouths hang open.

"Whinny," Annabeth speaks trying to grasp words," how old are you?"
"Over three hundred years old."

AUTHORS NOTE

Hello! This is my first authors note because I've just been focusing more on the story. So I love to hear your guy's opinion and it really helps me to update.
So comment, vote, and follow!
May the odds be ever in your favor!

~Christian