Chapter 6

Until you've crawled in the darkest, dirtiest, deepest corners of my mind you'll never know how I really feel.

2015 June 17

"Three hundred years?" Nico exclaims clearly shocked, "how long have you known you were a demigod?"
"I'm not sure. I never really liked being one so I tried not to think about it too much," Whinny replies shrugging her shoulders.

"We need to take her to Camp," Percy whispers turning to Annabeth but not quiet enough as Whinny adds in," Camp Half Blood?"

"Y-yeah," Annabeth says shocked.
"I can't go there," Whinny replies looking down at her hands interlaced with Nicos.

"Why not? I think they can help y-" Nico starts.
"No I can't," Whinny interrupts," I'm not allowed to."
"What why?" Percy asks.

"I went there about 100 years ago and they were all afraid of me. They sent me away," Whinny whispers letting go of Nico's hand.

"There has to be some mistake. They would never-" Percy rambles trying to come up with an explanation.
"Well they did. Didn't you hear me? They were afraid of me!" Whinny yells angrily.

All of the memories all coming back to her. The horrified faces the first time they saw her absorb a harpy. The disappointed look the camp director had on his face. All of the scowls she got upon leaving.

The feeling of her heart sinking as she took that long walk down Half Blood Hill.
"Okay okay," Nico says patting Whinny's shoulders," but maybe if we took you there we could reason with them and change their mind.

They might have already changed their mind. I don't see Chiron sending you away again."
Whinny hesitantly nods her head.