Chapter 14

She's mad but she's magic.
There's no lie in her fire.

June 19 2015

Whinny laid her head down on the pillow Nico had managed to bring her and tried to fall asleep. When that plan failed, Whinny thought and tried to figure out why she had this terrible curse.

Growing up, Whinny's mother had takes good care of her. The only problem was that when her curse started her mother would age but Whinny wouldn't.

She had two siblings; an older brother named Ethan and a little sister named Clara. They too had grown old when Whinny herself never aged a day.

November 12 1715

"Whinny, eat your dinner," Mother said when she saw the 13 year old girl moving her meal around with her fork.
"I'm not hungry," Whinny mumbled.
"You have to eat."

"I said I'm not hungry!" Whinny yelled.
"Whinny!" Ethan scolded her.
"I-I'm sorry Mother," Whinny whispered as she felt tears building up in her eyes before running out the door.

Mother started to stand up but Ethan stopped her by saying he'll take care of it. When Ethan walked out, he saw the small girl sitting on the steps with tears trying to be held in.

"Hey Kiddo," he said sitting down next to her and staring off at the horizon as she was doing. Whinny looked over at her brother who was now 18.

He had the same dark hair she had but instead of Whinny's dark brown eyes he had the bluest eyes Whinny had ever seen. All three siblings were born of different men so they all looked different.

"So," Ethan began after they had been sitting in silence for a good 5 minutes," what's the deal with you."

Whinny looked over at him straight in the eye and he knew without her even saying anything what was wrong.

"Did it happen again today?"
Whinny nodded.
"Did you pass out?"
Another nod.
"Was it someone at school?"
Nod.
Ethan sighed.

"You know it's not your fault. None of it. You didn't get to choose your father."
"But it was!" Whinny cried feeling tears building up in her eyes," all of those lives I've taken! All of those people's lives I messed up! That's all on me!"

Right after Whinny said those words Ethan pulled her into his arms.
"I hate myself so much," Whinny whispers with tears racking her body.
"It's not your fault."

July 7 1715

Whinny took Clara's hand as they ran down the street giggling. They both made a sharp turn into an alley and put their hands in their knees trying to catch their breath.

"Did you see the look on the baker's face?" Clara asked once they caught their breath.
"Priceless!"

Whinny's smile faded when she felt that all too familiar feeling in the pit of her stomach. Whinny fell to the ground.

"Whinny are you okay?" Clara asks grabbing her shoulders.
"No!" was the last thing Whinny said before she absorbed her blond haired, blue eyed little sister.

June 19 2015

Whinny pulled at the end of her hair as she cried and tried to rid of those terrible memories.

Her little sister whose father turned out to be a nymph.

Clara the sister she absorbed.

Cri 😢

Anyways I had to rewrite this because I accidentally deleted it 😡

If you haven't guessed I update Mondays.

Who has this story in their library?