Chapter 13

Some are born to sweet delight.
Some are born to endless night.

June 19 2015

Whinny again tried to stand on her toes to see out the annoyingly high window and see what was happening. Whinny wants to know what is going to happen with the war. She wants to fight.

Whinny gave up yet again and dropped to a sitting position in the middle of her cell and crossing her legs.

Nico walks back into the discussion among the demigods through the back in defeat. Then Chiron walked in. Everyone went silent.

"We'll need the Romans if we even want a chance to win this. We should also see what other alleys we can get."
"I can talk to Frank and Reyna," Percy offers.

"Okay... any ideas on alleys?"
"We can always ask the party ponies", Annabeth suggests.

"I might be able to get some storm spirits," Jason adds. Chiron nods slowly.

"My Nymphs will help in what ever way they can," Grover offers.
"These are all very good things but I think we'll need help from a higher power," Chiron whispers to himself putting his hand on his chin.

"What like another Titan?" Piper asks.
"Something along those lines."
"Well does Hyperion have any enemies?" Percy asks turning towards Annabeth.

"Besides the gods? None that I can think of."
"I already tried Hades", Nico says finally speaking up.

"Yeah I wouldn't count on him. Hyperion and him kind of work together. Hyperion is said to be part of judging the dead before sending them to Hades."

"Do you think Apollo would help! Him being the god of the sun?" Drew asks.
"There's a very slim chance but we can start there," Chiron answers," any volunteers to go and ask him?" Clarisse raised her hand along with Percy.

"Okay Clarisse and Percy."
All of the demigods started to go their own ways, including Nico, when Percy grabbed his arm.

"Man, can you come with me? I don't want to be alone with Clarisse."
Nico looked over at Whinny's cell contemplating his answer.

"I don't know," he finally said.
"C'mon please? She'll be fine."
"Okay," Nico huffed out, "I'll go get a few things."

"Thanks, I owe you one," Percy says hitting him on the back before walking towards his cabin. On Nico's way to his cabin, he stopped by the Hephaestus cabin when he say Leo working on some kind of weapon.

"Hey so I'm going with Percy and Clarisse to talk to Apollo and I was wondering if you could watch Whinny for me while I'm gone." Leo wipes his greasy hands on his shirt before saying," Yeah, no problamo."

"Okay thanks. I'm gonna go say bye to her after I get my stuff from my cabin so do you want to come meet her?"

"Sure just give me a minute," Leo says moving his hair and getting back to his project. Nick walked to his cabin and got his duffel bag for quests before going back to the Hephaestus cabin and getting Leo.

"Hey Whin, I'm gonna go on a quick quest."
The small girl looked up from her lap from where she was sitting now in the corner, "Okay... what's the quest?"

"I'm just gonna ask Apollo for his help. I asked Leo to look out for you when I'm gone."
It was only then did Whinny notice the boy standing a little bit behind Nico.
He waved and Whinny just looked back at Nico.

"I brought you some food, a pillow, a blanket, and a change of clothes before I left," Nico noticed Whinny's hesitation and his expression softened," he hey hey it's gonna he fine Whin. Leo is good at protecting people."

"That's not what I'm worried about", Whinny glances at Leo who takes the hunt and quietly slips out," I'm worried about you." This broke Nico's heart.

"I'm gonna be fine. It's just a short trip." Whinny walks up to the glass and puts her hand on it and Nico did the same right over hers.

"I promise we'll both be okay."

A little bit of a longer update! 😊