Chapter 9

Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to suffering.

2015 June 17

Nico sat outside Whinny's cell just waiting for her to calm down wishing that he could help. Whinny was rocking back and forth on the floor still crying.

"Whinny," Nico whispers," I-I'm so sorry."
Wiping her eyes, Whinny finally looks up at Nico only to see that her too had tear stains under his eyes.

"It's fine. I shouldn't have come. I got a warning and I didn't listen to it."
"No this isn't right," Nico says angrily clenching his hands into fists," we can't just lock you up! They have to help you! Maybe if you can learn to-"

"Nico, I can't," Whinny interrupts," I've tried to learn how to control it. I just can't do it." Whinny jumps when she hears a door open. She looks over and sees a boy with brown curly hair and brown eyes.

"Nico," he begins glancing at Whinny," we're all gathering at the camp fire."
"Okay... Whinny this is Leo. Leo this is Whinny the daughter of Thanatos," Nico whispers with a blank expression on his face.

"Hey... I'm so sorry. This is so wrong," Leo says apologetically.
"It's fine," Whinny replies with a
not-so-convincing smile and scooting back into a corner.

"Nico we have to go," Leo whispers to Nico. Nico gets up rubbing the glass door trying to make Whinny know that he'll be back and that he is there for her.

Nico and Leo both walk over to the camp fire only to be greeted with everyone else. Nico takes a seat by Piper who tries to make small talk until Chiron starts talking.

"As you all know we defeated Gaea last summer," everyone cheers," but now we have run into another problem.

It appears that Hyperion the Titan god of light and descendant of Gaea has declared war on camp," everyone gasps," he seems cross about is defeating his mother." Silence.

"Another war?" somebody yells. After that one person spoke up they silence was filled with yelling, cursing, and anger. Another war. I don't see how we are in any shape to win this one.