Chapter 7

Madness is like gravity; all it needs is a little push.

2015 June 17

Whinny keeps her distance from all of the other demigods as they make their way to whoever was supposed to meet them. They get back on the bus and take their seats. Nico by Whinny and Annabeth by Percy.

Whinny stares so intensely out the window, lost in her thoughts. She doesn't even notice that they were at their destination until Nico taps her arm. Nico takes Whinny's hand and they both get off of the bus.

The four demigods walk a little further until they reach a gas station where they were greeted by a boy with blond hair and blue eyes.

"Took you long en-" he stops mid-sentence when he sees Whinny, "um who's the girl?"

"Jason this is Whinny," Nico says as she gets slightly behind him to put him between her and Jason, "were taking her to camp. She's the daughter of Thanatos."

Jason looks to the scared girl then to Nico and back to Whinny.
"Well hello," he says putting his hand out," I'm Jason Grace son of Jupiter."
Whinny just looks at his hand causing him to pull back.

"Sorry we're late," Annabeth speaks up," We should get going."
"Of course.," Jason admits," Percy could you call some Pegasi?"

"Yeah, Percy whistles and they wait a few moments until 4 Pegasi come from the sky.

"There's only four so people will have to share," Annabeth adds.
"Whinny and I can," Nico offers looking down at Whinny who in response nods her head.

They all climb onto their Pegasus, Whinny in the back putting her arms awkwardly by her side.

"You might want to hold on. These things can go pretty fast," Nico whispers bashfully.

Whinny slowly wraps her arm generally around Nico's middle. Nico takes a short inhale of breath then tells the Pegasus to go.