Chapter 4

I am the designer of my own catastrophe.

2015 June 17th

Prying her eyes open, Whinny slowly looks up at the sky expecting to see the bright sun. She instead is greeted with the glowing moon.

Whinny slowly sits up wondering when she had fallen asleep when she remembers what had happened the day before. Glancing to her left, Whinny sees who she didn't expect to see ever again. Nico sleeping beside her.

Whinny carefully slips out of the blanket someone had put on her while she was sleeping.
Whinny almost makes it out of the alley when someone grabs her ankle.

Whinny jumps and falls on the ground as she starts backing up.
"I'm sorry. I didn't mean to scare you." A boy with dark hair and green eyes whispers from where he was laying.

"Whinny?" Whinny hears someone call. Whinny looks over and sees Nico walking over to her," Whinny it's okay. I'm not going to hurt you." Whinny shakes her head as Nico gets closer to her.

"Whinny you remember me, right?" Nico whispers trying to sooth her," that night in New York. Remember when it was raining?" Nico was now right in front of Whinny and taking her hand.

Whinny hesitantly stands up and Nico walks her over to where she was once laying.
"H-how did I get here?" Whinny whispers hugging her stomach as Nico sits down with her.

"I brought you here after your... episode," Nico replies trying to pin point exactly what happened yesterday. Whinny looked down at her hands still intertwined with Nico's and quickly lets go of his hand feeling her cheeks heat up.

"Yeah sorry about that," Whinny says referring to what Nico called her "episode".
"It's fine but I am wondering if you're a um..."
"Demigod?" Whinny whispers.
"Yeah" Nico whispers back looking deep into Whinny's eyes.

Whinny nods laying down and looking up at the sky.
"Who's your parent?" Nico says looking down at her.
"Thanatos," Whinny whispers.