Chapter 16

When you shine a light on something, there's always a shadow behind it.

June 19 2015

Whinny stared at the cell wall in front of her as Leo worked away on whatever he was working on.

"What is that?" Whinny asks surprising Leo. Leo turned to the girl and crossed his legs.

"This, this is the newest line in weapons. As soon as it's done people will be lining up at my door begging for one of these!" Whinny raised her eyebrow in response.

"It's a sword," Leo clarified with a smile.

"What is so special about it?" Whinny asks scooting closer to the cell window.

"Well... it can turn into a necklace. Well it will be able to turn into a necklace as soon as I'm done with it. I'm thinking about putting a built in sweat rag for those hard fights! What do you think?"

Whinny scrunched up her nose and shook her head, letting a laugh escape her lips.

Leo cracked a crooked smile and went back to his sword.

"So... where were you born?" Leo spoke up wanting to make more conversation and get to know Whinny more.

"New York."

"Yeah? I don't hear an accent do I?" Leo asked.

"Well I usually travel a lot now." Leo nodded understandingly.

Whinny looked down at her intertwined hands and nodded.

June 19 2015

Nico followed right behind Clarisse and Percy as they made their way through the thick crowds of people.

"Where exactly do you think he is?" Percy asks Clarisse as Nico gets bumped by someone passing.

"I'm not really sure. I'm a assuming that "soaking up the sun" means going to the beach," she answered using air quotations.

Again Nico's mind wandered to the girl in the cell.

Knew anything about Whinny and he was head over heals for her.

He told himself to ask her some questions when he got back.

He wanted to know anything from her favorite color to her thoughts about politics. Heck, he didn't even know her last name.

He didn't even notice that they had stopped until he bumped into Clarisse.
He looked to where Clarisse and Percy were staring and saw none other than the sun god himself.