Sette

Sette

"Wow man, you lookin' like a million bucks."

Damon chuckled at his friend's exclamation, Zeke was sounding sincerely shocked.

"Guess, I'm doing pretty well," he shrugged, gulping down his coffee.

Zeke nodded with a sly grin, then brought the cigarette to his lips for a long drag. "Yeah, Colette being the reason of course?"

And there was that smile again, the one that spoke of complete happiness.

Damon had never met a woman like Colette before. One that could pull off two extremely dissimilar personalities that managed to compliment each other perfectly. He felt like he really had the best of both worlds and a one of a kind woman. At times, Colette exuded class and followed proper ladylike etiquette. She was often meek and not so open to meeting groups of people—but that didn't bother Damon because it meant more time spent with her alone. However, when her other persona kicked in he witnessed a crazy energetic woman full of questions, excitement, curiosity, and romance. That girl enjoyed randomly doing flips on the sidewalk, eating food with a face full of passion, laughing loudly at Damon's jokes, cuddling and kissing him at the most random moments, and jumping on his back when she wanted "to feel on top of the world," as she'd say.

She wasn't something forced. She was real.

"This sounds like a teenage love affair," Zeke inputted, blowing out smoke.

It was corny, but Damon couldn't define it any better.

"I didn't know you were so sentimental, Zeke."

"Shut up." He leaned back in his chair. "Feelings and fucking relationships aren't my thing."

They used to when Ana was in the picture, Damon thought.

"...Colette just seems like a really nice girl, is all," he smiled slightly looking out in the distance.

"Fuck off."

Zeke chortled. "I'm just sayin', bro."

Damon chuckled and Zeke gulped down on his sangria hidden in a black water bottle. His friend knew, Damon could smell it all the way across the table. "But man...if I was lucky enough to have a girl like Colette...hm." He threw his drink back this time, making sure it really hit.

There was a long pause. "Y'know it's like you told me, Zeke, there's nothing wrong with dating." Ezekiel had to admit it was strange hearing these words coming from the notorious Casanova's mouth. Damon used to not have a care in the world. He didn't take shit from nobody and he definitely didn't alleviate the blow of his words for anyone either. So when he fucked girls he made it clear in their heads this was just fucking. He didn't care. But suddenly, a mere couple of weeks later his personality changed because a small mouse of a girl named Colette Hayes—a girl who couldn't possibly have any influence over anybody. So how Damon? It just didn't make any sense. But reality begged to differ, the roles switched: Damon was now the nice guy and Ezekiel was the ruthless, brooding one.

Just as Ezekiel was coming to terms with the realization, Damon said, "Anastasia is not worth changing your whole perspective on women."

He remained silent, the look in his eyes and the way he blew out smoke being the only response to Damon's words. He was irritated.