Due

Due

On the following Monday Damon got out of bed early morning to travel to Binghamton, New York. He took a nice warm shower, threw on a navy blue suit with a dark red tie and ate a pleasant breakfast before going out to his car. Damon had everything prepared in his suitcase. He had spent the remainder of his weekend locating houses his real estate company had on the market in the city André desired. Damon looked for beautiful single family homes preferably a short distance away from a school or a park. He found houses in four different neighborhoods and made some calls.

The moment he was notified, André wanted to go house hunting as soon as possible and Damon had no problem with that. He loved enthusiastic clients, it just meant they were people who were more than willing to pay for his bread and butter. Damon smirked and started the engine. Before his hand could touch the gear shift his personal phone rang. He answered.

"How's the new client?" A smug sounding Ezekiel could be heard chuckling through the receiver.

Damon grumbled. "Didn't ask for a hand out, but thanks all the same. He's a serious one, I'm driving out to give him a tour now."

"You are very welcome," he replied. "You needed to get your mind back on track so I thought this would be a good start for you."

Damon switched him to blue tooth and drove out.

"I'm surprised you didn't take this opportunity yourself. Binghamton is pricey, could bring in a hefty commission."

"Yeah, well I've been doing pretty good so far. But you my friend, I can't say the same."

Damon made a dubious sound from his throat. "It was just a couple of months, Ezekiel, not much harm was done. Besides, the fault's on me."

"I figured, but you know I say this because it's hard out here, man. You're one of the few realtors I know that can sell a house in the snap of a finger, don't let that gift go to waste. There's no time for games."

Once they finished discussing business he hanged up his phone and sighed.

Damon knew what Ezekiel said to be true. Apparently he had an affinity for finding people great places to live. It was a knack he had no idea how he acquired, but it paid the bills and every other luxury he wanted to indulge in. He couldn't believe he let something as silly as a toy get in the way of him getting his money. His head shook as he continued the long hour drive to meet up with André and his wife at Binghamton.

###

Damon reached Binghamton about quarter to 8, parking in the lot of the first home he told André he would give him a tour of that day. André drove up later in a white BMW X6 and parked near the sidewalk in front of the house. To Damon's confusion only he hopped out of the vehicle.

André walked on the path up to the front door, his eyes scanning the house's exterior with a content look. It was a fairly large home, sheltered by a roof with parts shaded a dark blue and the very top being a dark grey. The house was constructed with tan bricks, a tinge of blue, purple, grey, and white stones contrasting but simultaneously bringing color and life to it. Five windows, each having its own set of shutters that matched the dark blue of the roof, gave a glimpse of the set up inside. The rectangular pillars holding up the roof's overhang hovering over the front deck were painted a bright yellow. Green grass was kept watered, trimmed and fertilized and plants were growing at the very face of the house and at the edge of the sidewalk, emphasizing the extent of the lawn, concluded the plant life segment. The brick of the path was the same tan brick of the house, steps, and terrace and led to the dark blue double front doors that had glass windows taking up more than half of its space.