Chapter eleven.

Alexandra's Pov.

"Wait, hold on, what do you mean you never died? I remember being told by the mom and dad that you had died in the car crash." I say to Sandy who stands on the opposite side of my bed awkwardly.

"Well, that wasn't what really happened. I mean, yes, I did get hurt in the car crash but never died. All I really remember is everything going dark on that December night, but I still could hear the voices of everyone around me. The doctors said I was in some sort of coma that I could wake up from, but I heard mom say 'She's never gonna wake up, were are just gonna have to accept the fact. What are the options we can do for her?'. So, the Doctor sent me to a medical facility, and I've been there ever since the accident." She says, "I never died, and I wonder why that would ever say that to you and Ryder, when I am, in the real world, still physically alive, kinda."

"Whoa, I don't even know what to even say to that." I say mostly in peer shock.

"Same here, when she told me the real story, Ryder told me about her, and the accident, but I was shocked to know that she was still alive after all these years. I don't even know what I am doing here myself. I think I'm stuck." She says.

"What do you mean by stuck?" I ask.

"Like stuck, here until I choose if I want to go back into the real world or pass on. I think that's what you are doing here to." She says to me.

"Why would I be stuck? I just passed out." I say in confusion.

"Lex.. That's not the case here. You didn't pass out because of Sage dying, but because your kidneys are failing." Sandy says to me.

"What? I've been feeling just fine." I say.

"I know, but sometimes it goes undetected until the last minute." Sandy says.

"So, I'm stuck here, until I choose, whether live or die?" I question.

"I'm afraid so." Sandy says.

"What about my daughter?" I say.

"She's fine, for right now. If you choose to go back, she lives. If you don't, she dies with you." Sandy says.

"How long do I have to choose?" I say.

"Just as long as Sage. About twenty-four hours." Sandy says.

"What about you? Are you gonna choose, while were here." I ask.

"I've been waiting eleven years, because I've been waiting for you. I miss you and Ryder. So much. I miss mom and dad. The silly jokes we used to share. I miss it, I miss it all." She says.

"We've missed you to." I say as I pull my sister into a hug. 

It's weird. I've missed this. I've missed her. She missed out on the majority of her life, but that doesn't really matter to her and me at this particular moment. All that really matters is her, and only her.

XXX 

Don't hate me. 

I know I promised to update during break but I didn't expect myself to be so busy. 

I'm sorry. 

But hey look this is my first update of 2016! 

I hope everyone had a happy New Year and a great Christmas. 

Don't be afraid to point out any spelling or grammatical errors! 

Anyways.. 

Vote

Comment 

Share 

Follow

-Chelsea :)

Word count: 573