Chapter 12

It had been a couple of days since I had woken up alone. We had hit the road again. It was a nice feeling to do what I'm best at. Ghosting Draculoids. It was also distracting me. I really missed Light and I worried about her every day, but the ghosting Draculoids thing kept me from thinking too much about her.

We were searching the bodies of the Dracs for usable things, like weapons or maybe even food. I pulled a package of gum out of one of the Drac's pockets.

"Sweet!" I cheered. I kept searching until I felt something hard in his chest pocket. I pulled it out and my eyes grew big. It was a CD case. On it it said "Kobra Kid" in black ink.

"Guuys!" I called out for them

"'sup?! Whatcha find?" Ghoul asked. I held up the CD case and just like mine did... their eyes grew wide.

"What... why... WHAT?" Party stammered confused.

"I don't know. We should get this to Dr. Death and see what's on it." I suggested.

"Yea, yea! Let's do that!" Party said, still looking puzzled as to why one of the Dracs had a CD or DVD with my name on it.

The moment we started, what we discovered to be a DVD my heart sunk to my knees. It showed Light. In a room with white walls. No windows. She was sitting in a chair, tied up. Her head hung low.

"Oh my god." I gasped.

"Ah, Kobra Kid... I see you have found the DVD." Korse's voice said and he appeared in the picture. The moment the bald man started talking Light's head snapped up and she looked at him in terror. She then realized there was a camera pointed at her and the level of terror in her expression became higher.

"It looks like we have found your little friend here. Stupid, weak, little girl."

"I'm not stupid!" Light snapped and spat at him.

"That wasn't a very smart move, young lady... but we'll get to that in a little bit."Korse said, looking down at Light. He turned back towards the camera.

"You see, Kobra Kid... we've been watching you for quite a while now. After we had killed all of Lightning Strike's friends and family she was all alone. She didn't tell you that, did she?" Korse smirked. "There were a couple of Dracs after her. You know, some of my guys get a little... mad... when they miss someone..." he smiled. "She saw it as 'too dangerous'" he used his fingers to emphasis those words. "for her to stay around you. Isn't that correct, my dear?" Korse snarled.

"Fuck you!" she snapped, glaring at him. Korse seemed oddly satisfied with that response.

"She wanted to save YOU! She thought, she was putting YOU in danger." Korse's laugh rang through the room. "What a pathetic, little girl..." he kept laughing. "But in fact..." he paused for dramatic effect and turned to look at Light. "THEY were putting YOU in danger." he fake pouted.

"That's not true!" Lightning exclaimed and pulled on her restrains as if trying to attack him.

"Oh, it is, darling. It is. Have they not told you who they are?" Korse asked. "Party Poison... Kobra Kid... Jet Star and... Fun Ghoul? Doesn't that ring a bell?" Lightning kept quiet, genuinely confused with his words.

"You really aren't the brightest..." Korse sighed. "The Fabulous Four? The most wanted Killjoys out there?" he continued. Light's eyes grew wide. "Yea... you can thank THEM for sitting here right now."

I couldn't think straight. I didn't think. I just stared at the scene in horror, dreading every coming second.

"What?" she whispered and looked straight into the camera. Straight into my eyes. Straight into my soul.