Chapter 6

I woke up to darkness and a pleasant feeling of... nothing. No head pounding, no heartbeat in my ear, no nausea, no nothing. I turned my head to the side and noticed that I was not lying on my usual table.

"What the..." I moved a little more, it felt like I was lying in fabric and... it's a mattress!! I expended my arm to the side a little, testing my right shoulder. It still hurt while moving, but it was a lot better. I COULD actually move my arm and shoulder. 

What is this miracle? 

I moved my leg slightly and same thing. It hurt, but it was more of like a very intense sore muscle feeling. I laughed silently, feeling relieved. I was in a bed, my wounds were better, I wasn't dead and I just... felt good. For the first time in what felt like forever. I couldn't believe this. I moved my fingers across the fabric, taking it all in. The last time I'd actually been in a bed was... I didn't even remember how long ago. My left hand hit something. I thought it was a wall for a second, before noticing it being smooth and warm. I ran my fingers across it until it started moving. I jerked my hand back in shock. I stayed as still aspossible. 

What is happening? Where am I? What is going on here?

I stayed quiet and tried to hear something... anything. I did hear something. It sounded like breathing. 

Jesus. Fuck. Who or... what is that? 

A little groan was audible and then more moving, before bright light illuminated the room and I had to cover my eyes.

"Oh my god, Lightning..." someone said and sighed loudly. "You're awake!" my hands were removed by other hands. I opened my eyes slowly, adjusting to the bright light. I could make out a figure and then realized who it was.

"Thank god. Kobra Kid! You scared the living hell out of me!" I sighed and relaxed.

"What? Why?" he chuckled.

"Well... waking up in a bed and being able to move was already strange. Then realizing there is someone in the bed with you and not knowing who it is is scary, man! I thought some Dracs had gotten me or something." I covered my face and sighed in relieve.

"Oh... yea. Well... that makes sense." he chuckled. I took my hands dow nand looked at the white sealing.

"How long was I out for?" I asked, looking around, confused as to where we were.

"A couple of days." he said. I nodded slowly.

"And where are we?" I asked.

"Draculoids were attacking the gas station, while we were treating you and we had to flee. We found this giant cabin out here with fucking beds! Isn't that amazing?!" he cheered.

"Yea!" I sighed and buried my face in a pillow. "It's been a long time since I've even seen a bed." my words and laugh were muffled by the pillow.

"I was so worried about you..." Kobra said, now more serious, tracing his fingers across my, might I add naked, shoulder. I looked up at him leaning on his arm next to me.

"You shouldn't have been..." I said. " Death happens. It's the most common thing out here. I mean it's a time of war." I shrugged. His face inched closer to mine, while he locked eyes with me. Just a second before our lips touched I turned my face to the side.

"Wait, treat? What do you mean 'while treating me'?" I asked.

"The guys went to Battery City to get some stuff for you, so we could have some sort of medical treatment for you." he shrugged. 

Get some stuff... that means STEAL some stuff! That is so dangerous!

"What?!" I exclaimed, sitting up "No, no, no. They shouldn't have done that. I don't want you guys risking your lives for me. I could have been dead by the time they came back and it all would have been for nothing. They should not have risked that." I held my head in frustration.