Lost

Eli's POV

What's the matter with this engineer? Since we started the project he always has some issues about the design. And he doesn't want to talk to John. I had been tolerant for the past weeks with him. If he is trying to piss me for rejecting his invitation for a date, he definitely crossed the line. I will give him a piece of my mind this time.

I park my car behind a black car. Good thing I am wearing my jeans today and my work boots. My white cotton shirt and blazer is not that thick allowing my skin to breath avoiding profuse sweating if I am under the sun. I tied my hair in a messy bun. I better wear my sunglasses to mask my expression a little.

Cool Eli.

Try to be cool or else I might kick Eng. Ostwald ass this time.

I wear a hard hat and walk towards the group of engineers. As I walk towards them I saw a familiar figure.

Anton is here! He is wearing his usual expensive suit without his coat. The button of his shirt slightly open revealing part of his chest and the sleeves of his polo are folded. I still feel mesmerized with his sight.

Oh stop it Eli. I want to scold myself. It's over.

He approached me the moment he saw me and offered his hand to help me step over a pile of wood.

"Hi Eli,"  I am stunned as he kisses my cheeks casually as if we are long-time friends.

Hmmm, actually we are long-time ex and now just acquaintance.

"Hi, Anton." I softly replied.

What's the game now Anton? Maybe he wants to restore our friendship.

I smiled at him. I will go along with his facade right now.

I have more important task to do today. Kicking someone's ass.

"Thank you for coming on such short notice Eli," Dan shook my hands and ushered me on the table where the blueprint of the building is laid.

"No, problem Dan," I slightly shook my head and smile.  He is polite and kind. He is not a jerk like his boss and these damn engineers.

I remove and hook my glasses in my shirt to see the plan clearly on the table and check what is the problem. I notice Anton is looking at me sternly and I got conscious when his eyes travel to a small portion of my cleavage that start to peak.  I immediately pull my shirt up.

"Hi Ms. Ferros," Eng. Ostwald greeted me with a smirk in his face, "Sorry but I have a few questions about this portion of the plan. I tried asking John, your assistant but the explanation is vague. I hope you can enlighten me on this area."

"You know Eng. Ostwald," I look at him and the floor plan. I am trying to be cool and polite. " as John explained to you already, this area is in connection with this floor."

"It is designed like this as we agreed in the meeting with Dan before, according to the preference of Anton," I look at him for approval and he nods, "that the company planned expansion in the future as the buying of the opposite property is in the process now."

"And if it bothers you that the design is not good in case the expansion plan will not pursue and there are some problems in building the structure, I will be happy to redesign this area according to the company's preference. I suggested this design together with other designs before. I remember well that the group agreed on this. It is practical either you plan to expand in the future or not."

Suddenly Anton intervened. "Eng. Ostwald, you could have discussed this in our meeting and asked the opinion of the group for necessary revision and I would be happy to reconsider it and discussed it over with Eli."