The walk

Eli's POV
We walked to my favorite park holding hands. I can't hide my happiness. We are blessed with a boy and a girl and their father is here for them. Maybe it is not the perfect family I dreamt of, as long as they have their parents, is more than enough for me. Anton did not spoke again about the marriage though he said something about fiancée this morning, I know it is his way to protect me.

We sat on my favorite bench and he put his arm on my shoulder.

"Tired?" Anton ask while playing with my hair.

" A little," I nod, "they are getting heavy." I grin as I gently stroke my tummy.

He followed what I am doing with his other hand," Please be good for mommy little ones. Three more months and we will see you." Really Anton can melt my heart.

"Eli," he look at me seriously, " I've been thinking..........umm.....I like to talk to you........." He sighs. I see his predicament.

"What is it Anton?"

"Ok, promise me you will not get mad."

I nod.

" Eli, about our babies.........they need a family......a complete one."

I don't know what answer.

"Daphne?"

"I already ended what we have. I want you and my babies."

He tilts my chin to look in my eyes. "I never been so sure in my life, Eli, until now."

"Eli you are a strong woman and I really admire you for that but you need also someone to take care of you, someone to lean on.......someone who loves you. I know I am not perfect. I am not that strong but you taught me how to be. You taught me how to love unconditionally. I want to take care of you and our children. I want to build my family with no one but you. Let me please love you."

Tears escape my eyes....tears of overwhelming happiness. I remember what Daphne revealed to me.

I hold his face and look into his eyes adoringly. "I love you very much Anton."

Still he looks sad. "I know you love me very much, Eli that you can sacrifice for me. But you are my life."

"I don't know what tomorrow will bring but what I know is I want to spend everyday of my life with no one but you. I want to raise our children together. I want to retire and grow old holding you everyday like this. I want to spend the rest of my life with you."

Anton kneels in front of me and held my hands. He brings out a velvet pouch. He took a ring similar to my necklace.

"I bought this one together with your necklace. I was so sure when I gave you the necklace that I want you to be the woman who will be beside me forever through thick and thin. I kept this all along."

My heart is overwhelmed.

"Eli please, will you accept me to be beside you always? Will you accept me to love you in spite of my flaws, my imperfections. What I only know is I love you very much. I promise that I will do my best to make you happy."

I can't help but tears flowed on my cheeks.

"My Eli, Elizabeth Ferros, will you marry me?" he looked at me with pleading eyes. I see in his eyes love and hope.

I touch his face and kiss his lips. "Yes, Anton. I accept to be your wife. I accept everything about you."

I was totally lost that I forgot that we are in the park. People we don't know are cheering, sharing the happiness with us.

Anton's eyes are filled with happiness.

"Time to go home now sweetheart."

**********************************end****************************

To all who took time to read, thank you very much!