Knowing you

Eli's POV

Stay out of his way!

My weeks in the Montecarlos has been fine not until he came. That jerk! That conceited jerk! We're even?! Who do he think he is! God's gift to women?!Now I'm beginning to understand what Anne was telling me. I should not mind him.........at all!
He was the one who came in my room uninvited and saw me with uncompromising state. Good thing it was a little dark as I only lit the room with the study lamp. I could have screamed on top of my lungs. And what will happen next? For sure they will not believe me that he came harassing me. I can still feel the fear all over my body when he attacked me. But he clearly expressed that he mean no harm. Anne never mentioned him as a maniac. It's my fault also that I did not locked the door. Anybody who will look for me will definitely enter an unlocked door. Indeed he apologized but then he insinuated that I am intentionally looking at his body..........really he's a jerk! I hate him!

I think I can't keep my promise to Anne to stay for two months. I must formulate reasons as of now why I am leaving. Of course Anita will ask time to find my replacement. I hope the hotel and the restaurant where I am working will still accept me after I gave them short notice of my resignation. If I go back, I will be at their mercy. Of course, I can't stay long in the apartment I am staying with Anne. My preparation for my exam will also be disrupted. What should I do now? Anita will be back on after two days. I should have thought by that time my reasons.

"Eli? Eli? Did you hear what I told you?" Marco is now waving in front of my eyes as I zoned  out. To hell with Anton Montecarlos!
"Yes, sorry, baby. I was just thinking of something. What was that again?"
Marco's eyes rolled up and sigh. " I said Mrs. Trinity is sick. She can't come today to teach me. Please call Mom."
"Wait I will call your tutor first. Maybe she has a substitute."
I called Marco's tutor and she informed that she doesn't have any substitute. Calling Anita will not help. I will just disturb her. Think! Think! Maybe I am not that a bad tutor. Besides it's grade school subjects. I know there is special way of teaching grade school students. But I'll give it a try.

"Hmmmmm Marco, maybe you can teach me your lessons and we'll do your homework together. You're a bright boy. I know you can do it. You just need a little guidance from me."

"Really, Eli you're a teacher?" His eyes are bright with admiration. How can I leave this innocent child?
"Nope, little prince, that is why you will teach me." His eyes brighten to the idea that he will teach me instead of me teaching him.
"Ok, I have a quiz in Science, homework in Math."
"Science is your favorite right? What's the topic."
"Layers of the atmosphere!"
"Ok, where's your book? Now teach me the different parts of the atmosphere starting from the surface of the earth."
"Troposhere.......stratosphere.......mesosphere......thermosphere......exosphere"
"Ok, again. Slow down as I have to memorize." I bluffed.
Again.
"Hey all ends in the word sphere. So I will just memorize the word before it." I try to hint him how to do it. Well he is a bright boy and he did it.
"Now for the descriptions. I will cover the name of the layers and read the characteristic of the layer and lets answer together. The one who has more points wins."
"Yes! You can't beat me  Eli. I love Science!"
"Ok lets start."
"Hey, you're cheating Eli." I raise my brow to Marco. "How come you will be the one to read the description. You might see it." Ok I'm caught in the act of an intelligent kid. But of course I will let him win.

A chuckle behind me made me freeze in my place.

"Anton!" Marco jump from his seat and hug Mr. Jerk. "Come, you need to be the quiz master." Marco is pulling him now near the table. Our eyes met and he smirks.  I glare at him. How long has he been there?
"Quiz master?" He looks at Marco with such tenderness.
"Yeah, 'cause Eli can't be a contestant at the same time the quiz master." He then looks at me with silent laugh from his eyes. He's enjoying annoying me.
"Ok, then lets start so that Eli will not cheat." I rolled my eyes on him without Marco looking. This is a very good idea of staying away from him. I'm busted!