"That is none of your business."

"But I have a right to know." I raised my voice, aware of the tension emanating from both of us. It was obvious that my consistent questioning was getting him angry, but nevertheless, I continued to ask. Heck, I needed answers.

The werewolf released his arms from their entwinement and lifted a finger in warning. "Be careful, I will not tolerate your attitude. And lower your voice."

"I will once you tell me what the hell is going on!"

Before I could blink, my back was smashed against the wall for the millionth time tonight and I gasped as he held my hands behind me and lifted me a good two inches high off the ground to match his height so, I supposed, he could get his message clear.

"I said, lower your voice," he chastened with a stern glare before he shifted his gaze to face towards the far entrance of the cave.

Confused, I stopped talking and concentrated blindly on what he was apparently seeing or hearing as far as I knew. And that was when the sound hit me.

It was soft but fierce. A distant howling. One that I had grown used to hearing every time there had been a threat around. One that I knew by heart was a call to fight, to kill. A call to assemble the pack for revenge.

My heart thundered in my chest. Dad! Oh thank God, that means Mum's not far! I knew this because Dad never kept Mum far away from him. Never in his wolf form.

I need to get out of here. Now.

I could tell by the distant howling that he wasn't close to the cave we were in, but far. However, I had a feeling that he would be closing in in no time.

Breathing heavily since this insanely strong werewolf had unexpectedly knocked the air right out of my lungs with his sudden attack, I tried to get his mind off the howling, even though I knew it would be a lost cause even before I had started. "Why won't you tell me?"

It took quite a moment for him to reply, and after that, I had a feeling that he wasn't fully paying attention to me anymore. "You will think I am mad."

Don't I already? I almost said that aloud but instead chose to point out, "You came out of nowhere while I was in the middle of an escape-fight, chased away the person I was trying to run away from and the person I was trying to run away with then accused me of being my grandmother who died centuries ago. I don't think you have anything to lose."

He grunted but didn't look my way. Damn it. I needed to distract him. If he found out that my parents were within reach, I didn't know what he'd do to them. His weird interest in them had me more suspicious and confused than I ever had been in my life.

Then all of a sudden, his expression darkened as his eyes into a murderous glint and his voice deepened. "Who were the wolves I fought away?"

I opened my mouth to answer but then shut it again. What if he went after them if I told him they were my parents? He did seem adamant to know about them and I didn't want to risk my mother's life if he was interested in ending their lives for whatever reason. "That's not important."

"I asked," he finally turned to face me. A menacing scowl etched his facial features as a flicker of red flashed across his pupils. "Who were the wolves I fought away?"

I gulped. Just tell him! He hasn't killed you yet, has he? "I-I..."

"Do not dare lie to me, she-wolf," he said through gritted teeth as his chest rumbled fiercely with a growl.

"They were..." Please don't hurt my mother. "They were my parents."

The minute I let out those words, his fangs barred and he snarled before shoving me aside. Subsequently, I stumbled and had to lay a hand on the cave's wall for support.

"Wait! Stop!" I yelled when I saw his silhouette striding determinedly into the dark without as much as a single light source to guide his way.

"Stop! What do you want from them?" I picked up a burning piece of firewood and followed him towards the cave's entrance. "If it's answers you want I'll provide them for you, I promise. Just leave my mother out of this!"

"No." His voice sounded strained as it echoed from wherever he was throughout the cave's interior, as if he was right in the middle of morphing. "They have something I want, and it is not just answers."

☆~☆~☆

A/N: Hey guys! This chapter was a bit difficult to write because I didn't want our big wolf character to appear too...something XD But I hope it wasn't that bad.

Feel free to comment and vote if you liked this chapter! Thanks for reading :-)

☆~☆~☆