Chapter Twenty Three

Start from the beginning

"I thought you're in One Direction?" I asked.

They all laughed. "I am, babe. When I say band, I mean they'll be the ones playing instruments while we sing and try to dance while people watch us fail." Louis explained with a laugh.

"Oh." was the only thing I could say.

Louis and I continued walking after he said goodbye to the band. As I looked around, I saw Perrie and Danielle sitting together. "Oh! There's Perrie and Dani!" I excitedly said for they were the first people I saw that I knew, except Louis.

We walked towards them but before we could actually reach them, Louis stopped and turned me to him, "You go to the girls and enjoy yourself, yeah? I'll just go greet the others for a bit and get us drinks; I'll be back." he said, closing the spaces between us and pressed a feather light kiss on my cheek, surprising me, before walking away.

I stayed standing on the same spot for a while, my cheek still tingling where Louis kissed me. I would've had stayed there longer if I didn't hear someone call my name. I walked over to the girls.

"Did someone slap you?" Perrie asked as soon as I got to them.

"Huh?"

"You're holding your cheek." she explained.

I immediately put my hand down but when I looked at both of them, they were smirking at me. "What?"

"You're a little flustered, aren't you El? Why is that?" Dani asked, still with that smirk on her face.

"I, um," I stammered, "It's hot in here?"

"Oh let's cut to the chase, can't we?" Perrie rolled her eyes. "Are you and Louis already dating?"

"No! What are you talking about?" I asked.

"No?" They both repeated rather loudly.

"But Zayn said...." Perrie trailed off.

"What did he say?" I curiously asked.

"Yeah, Liam too." Dani agreed.

"Why are you and your boyfriends talking about me and Louis?"

Dani shook her head, "You atleast like each other, right?"

"I mean, we're friends, yeah." I answered. Then it hit me, that was all Louis and I were? Friends?

"But, Louis, he--" she gasped. "You don't know, do you?"

"What? How would I know, you guys don't even finish your sentences." My brows creased.

"Gosh, El open your eyes! Louis obviously--" Perrie was cut off by a voice that gave me chills.

"Excuse me girls but," he turned to me, "Eleanor, can we talk?"

My anxiety resurfaced. My mind screamed no, my body wanted to run miles away from him, and my heart started beating rapidly beating. I dreaded this, but this was also what I needed. So my mouth moved on it's own and said yes.

His face broke out into a small smile before he took my hand and started pulling me to where he wanted to talk. But when he felt that I didn't budge, he turned back to me with a furrowed brows.