Chapter 12: Mystery to Crack

Tris' POV

"I told you stop! You didn't listen now its all over the floor." I say while laughing at Four's stupidness.

We were just getting some slurpees and he somehow filled his large cup too much so some of it is on the floor.

"Come on, let's just go." He said while wiping his hands with a piece of tissue.

We started walking around the mall, talking and just laughing. To be honest, I really enjoyed his company. For the past week, i never thought that Four would be this fun, comforting and had a very good sense of humor. All i ever pictured him of before is he's an overall dickhead and a total player. I think i'm getting in his good side...

I'm pretty sure Christina is dragging the girls to hell and also the guys,  i can't even picture what will they be doing right now.

>•<•>•<•>•<•>•<•>•<

"I want to get to know you more." He said, looking at me dead in the eye.

I let out a short laugh "Why? I mean, what is there to find out about me? I'm an open book." I cross my arms over my chest and raise both of my eyebrows at him. He then mumbles something i don't hear that made the tips of his ears turn inti a shade of pink.

"What was that?" I say. He lets out a breath.

"I was saying that, can we at least be, you know... Friends?" He looks at me straight in the eye again.

"You know, you're kinda creeping me out... What has gotten into you?" I say shaking my head.

"What do you mean?" (A/N: *justin bieber voice* *music cue*) He asks, his eyebrows furrowed.

"I mean, on the first days of school you're all like big, scary, Four and now you want us to be friends?" I say.

"Yeah. I don't see anything wrong with that." He said, putting his crossed arms over his chest as well.

We stare at each each other for a few seconds and i huff out of frustration.

"No." I say

"Awwww. Come on Tris. I was just trying to be nice to you and I feel kinda bad for what i did to you and your friends before. So please. Just give me a chance." He said while looking at me through his lashes and slightly pouting his bottom lip.

No, Tris. Don't look at him. Just don't look at him.

I close my eyes then take a deep breath.

"No." I say then started walking away from him. I hear him groan as he finally catches up with me.

"What do i have to do so that we can be friends?" He said, grabbing both of my shoulders.

"It's not gonna be that easy, number boy." I say smirking.

"Fine! Not now. But i still won't give up on you."

>•<•>•<•>•<•>•<

Four's POV

Me and the guys are now in Zeke and Uriah's place. They are complaining about how torturous their day was and that they'll never meet up with the girls on shopping malls again.

I am completely dazed off until Uriah snaps his fingers in front of my face.

"Heeeellllloooo???? Earth to Four..." He waves his hand in front of me.

"Whaaaat?" I say

"Dude, were you even listening? You are in a whole different world this whole freakin time." He said, laughing.  "I'm just gonna go get some sleep. See you around, losers." He then heads into his bedroom.

"Yeah i think i'll head home too. See ya guys!" Will said.

What's left now is me and Zeke.

"Tell. Me. Everything." He said, going straight to the point.

"Now what?" I ask him irritated.

"What happened with Tris back there? Was it a success?"

"I dunno. We kinda talked though and we just roam around." I say. Then i told him about how I told Tris that i want to be friends with her.

"You got a real case in this lover boy. What did even go through your mind that made you say that to her?" He said smirking.

"I don't know..." I say.

But what i do know is that what i just said to her wasn't a part of a dare. Well, it IS the part of the dare, according to Uriah, but i didn't do it just for that. I really like to get to know her more. It's like she's a mystery that you have to try so hard to crack. But what's strange is whenever i'm around her, i feel this bubbly feeling inside me and the butterflies in my stomach makes me even nervous when i talk to her. I still don't know what is that feeling. I have never felt it before. Not once.

"You know what, I know you too well, Four Eaton. And right now you got this look in your eyes and i know that you are falling. And when you fall, you fall fast and hard, Four. Remember that." He pats my back then walks to his room.

Falling? For who? I shake the thought out of my mind.

Fast and Hard. He mouths at me and i just shake my head at him.

"See ya." I say then head home.

>•<•>•<•>•<•>•<•>•<•>•<•>•<•>•<•>•<•>•<•>•<•>•<•>•<•>•<•>•<•>•<•>•<•

Hello people!!! As you can see the new Allegiant posters are already out and i just cant stop staring at them!!! But their faces look like theyre saying goodbye and it kills me... I feel that anytime now, "it" will happen then i know that the whole fandom will be more than heart broken. But rn im just tryna live in the moment so i wont pressure myself on whats coming...

-StayFearless...