chapter 1- Networking

Hey guys sparkle here. I have been waiting forever to finally upload this and am glad to say that I think that the first chapter is finally perfect. I have spent literally weeks writing it and perfecting it for all you lovelies. For now on throughout the series, if there is a video up at the top of the page then it is music to set the mood for the chapter. Please loop the music for the entire chapter because I try to pick the perfect songs to get the right feeling for the story. Love you all my babies! XOXO-Sparkle

____________________________________________________________________________

34% battery available. Power Low, please recharge.

The warning flashed across Waylon's mind repeatedly. He cursed to himself and continued with his work. He was to busy hanging up his failed victim to search for any food at the moment. He thought that this one would have been up to date and usable for a hard drive, but soon realized that this one was just a virus like the others. Forget it, he thought. I can just do this later but right now I need to recharge and I don't recall any food around here when going through my history.

Grumbling to himself he made his way out towards the kitchen in search for any food that hasn't already been stolen. His skin constantly huming from the electric flow going through his blood, but today it had seemed to increased. Strange, he thought to himself once again. He was lost in thought as he stalked the halls. Every patient that had been around that area for more than an day had already known how dangerous The Coder was so each person tried to stay away from the variant.
   Up ahead Waylon heard multiple footsteps and heavy, panicked breathing coming towards him. For a second Waylon had panicked, a habit from the past. Soon he allowed the electricity flow through his body and increase in his hands. A perfect weapon. Ahead coming from the kitchen he saw two figures running towards him. One was a tall,muscular man dressed in a formal vest and and pants running from the most annoying virus, Frank.

He noticed that the beautiful hardware had hesitated before running closer to Waylon.
"Run!" Waylon was surprised that this new network was trying to help him out. Maybe he could be the hard drive he was looking for! Waylon turned back to frank and launched himself into the unwanted virus.
     "Don't touch him!" Waylon yelled between clenched teeth. He wrapped his small hands around the others neck and allowed a fatal amount of electricity pulse through his hands and into Frank's body. Franks body went limp beneath him and the smell of charred skin filtered through the air.
Waylon straightened up and turned back to the unknown beauty he had just saved. The network looked at the Coder with a horrified look on his face. How could such a small man be so dangerous?
    "Excuse me, but are you already hooked up to another network? Possibly a storage device or are you a firewall of some kind?" Waylon stalked closer to the tall network waiting for an answer. The network began to back up until he tripped over some dead patients. He flew back trying to grab onto something to catch himself but only accomplished smashing his head against the counter. Before he blacked out he saw a panicked Waylon lean over him to say something that the network couldn't hear.
. . . . .
    Waylon noticed that the unknown creature with him began to stir and quickly sat down the machinery he was working on. The network had tried to sit up to quickly and had laid back down after his failed attempt at sitting up.
    "Careful. You hit your head pretty hard." Waylon tried to push the network back down, but it had started to flail. Waylon had scared the poor thing? Even with all that body mass, the creature was scared of small Waylon after he help him. Waylon backed off from the network to calm him, and tried to start a conversation to calm down the network.
    "The viruses won't be bothering you anymore. You're safe here." Waylon gave him a twisted smile, something he hasn't done in a long time. He seemed confused as to why the network still seemed very scared so he tried again.
    "Are you hungry? I picked up some canned food on the way back." He gave an eager nod to the network trying get him to speak. Could he even speak?
    "A little thirsty too." The network spoke quietly and in a horse voice, trying to avoid angering the unstable variant in front of him. In return, Waylon grinned and ran off to another room. He returned shortly with a bottle of water and an open can. He handed them both to his visitor, who began to devour both.
    As the network wolfed down the canned food Waylon decided now was the time to talk. "What was the name assigned to you? The one that you are called all your life." Waylon had lost the meaning of names while here at the asylum but refused to call this system the Network forever, he needed a label.
    The creature in front of him slowly put down the can to look at the Coder. Waylon had time to memorize his companions's face. It was scarred up from what was thought to be the tests or the engine they used here before everything went to chaos. His eyes a icy blue that seemed to glow in the dark and raven black hair slicked back to look nice. Truly one of the most beautiful creatures he has seen in a long time!
    "It's Eddie. Eddie Gluskin. Whats yours?" Though Eddie was 2x times as big as Waylon and is probably 20x times stronger than him as well, he was still scared of the electric power Waylon held. Eddie wasn't sure whether he was safe with him or not.
     "Where are my manners?! They call me the coder, but the assigned name I was given is Waylon Park." Eddie began to piece together what was wrong with Waylon. It was simple, Waylon thought that he and everyone around him were computer or electronically related. The hard part about that was how he would survive around this guy without angering him. Eddie didn't know much about computers, so this was going to be hard. All he wanted was to get out alive.