Chapter 41

"Sky, baby girl, wake up." David kissed my forehead. I cracked my eyes open before rolling over.

"I'm not up if the sun isn't up." I groaned. He sighed and pulled back the curtains.

"I wanted you to see the sunrise on Christmas day. But, I guess not." his back was towards me. I quietly got out of bed and wrapped my arms around his torso from behind.

"I'm sorry, babe." I kissed the back of his neck.

"I forgive you. Merry Christmas, sweetheart." he turned around so we were facing each other.

"I love you."

"I love you too." I smiled and kissed him.

"Come on, let's go downstairs, the guys are up."

"Ok." he held my hand as we ran to the Christmas tree.

"Merry Christmas!" everyone yelled to us. I smiled as wide as I could ad hugged them.

We opened up all of the presents, and made a big mess! Mostly, I got band posters and CD's. David got some new bass picks. Pierre got some new shirts. Chuck got drumsticks. Jeff got comics. Seb got Batman merch. And Patrick got candles?

"This is the best Christmas ever." I said. Almost, my mind added. David noticed the smile slowly wipe off my face as images of my mom on Christmas came to me.

He pulled me in his lap and kissed my ear. He put his hand on my thigh, I put mine over his.

"It's alright, baby, you got us."

"I know." I sighed.

"I love you, guys." they smiled at me.

"We love you too." Seb held my hand and kissed my head.

I'm lucky to have them as a family.