Chapter 9

David's point of view

I was playing my bass, because I was bored and everyone else was asleep. Jeff walked in with his guitar, we started playing random songs. Chuck walked in and smacked us upside our heads.

"Sky is trying to sleep." he yelled. Not anymore, she opened her eyes and yawned,

"Now I'm awake thanks to you 3." we laughed and started tickling her. Soon Chuck and Seb left so where I was just tickling Sky. I looked at her laughing figure and thought of something we used to do when she was little.

"You want to play a game?" she nodded. I explained,

"I start singing a song, it might not be Simple Plan, and you guess the song. Ok?" she smiled and I started,

Do you have the time, to listen to me whine,
About nothing and everything all at once?

"Basket Case by Green Day."

I used the dead wood to make the fire rise,
The blood of innocence burning in the skies.

"Burning in the Skies by Linkin Park. C'mon, babe, give me a challenge." she said. I thought real hard,

Check yes, Juliet. Are you with me?
Rain is falling down on the sidewalk, I won't go until you come outside.

"Tough. Umm, I'm guessing, Check Yes, Juliet by We The Kings?" dang, she's good.

"Your turn." I said, defeated.

Life will come our way, it has only just begun.
The world will die alone-

"Failure by Breaking Benjamin. One of my favourites."

Here's to being human, all the pain and suffering.
There's beauty in the bleeding, at least you feel something.

"To be honest, I haven't heard of that song."

"I Am Machine by Three Days Grace." I smiled. She attempted to punch me in the arm, but I grabbed her waist and she landed on top of me.

"I love you, but you can get on my nerves." she said, I hear feel her gritting her teeth. I kissed her neck saying,

"You can't get rid of me. And you know you like it." I felt her smile.

"True, on both things. But please don't do that." she pleaded. I put some pressure, and started nibbling her neck. Then I moved the kiss in a line up to her mouth. I hesitated, because Sky looked like she was upset.

"Baby, what's wrong. I'm sorry for not listening." she leaned on me and said,

"I forgive you and it's nothing, just thinking of my past." I kissed her cheek and she kissed me on the lips.