Chapter 26: Heartbreak Part 2

'"I love-' If you would like to replay this message, press 4. To delete this message, press 7." Daniel's hand shook as he saved the voice mail. He gripped the sheets of the bed he was sitting on. He automatically started panicking. This was his fault. No. This was not his fault, he tried to convince himself. Hope walked over to Daniel, and put her hand on his back. Just her comforting touch calmed down, but not completely.

"Are you okay? Who was that?" Hope's voice was full of worry. Daniel still hadn't told her all of what had happened. Hope had just assumed he didn't want to take about it and she was right.

"Um, it was a message from Joey. Oh my god. Hope, can you look up when the next flight to LA is?" Daniel quickly moved away from bed and began packing.

Hope was at a lose for words. Daniel hadn't been this heartbroken since his last failed relationship, but something about this relationship was different to Daniel. Hope was almost surprised to see that he could forgive and forget so easily. "Wait, Daniel what the hell? You're leaving?"

"You don't understand. I have to leave. He needs me."

Daniel grabbed his bag and started throwing clothes more inside, not even bothering to fold anything. He knew he screwed up and he needed to make things right. He needed to make things right yesterday.

- • - • - • - • - • - • -

Joey sat on the floor, his back to the front door of the house. He didn't know how long he'd been sitting there, waiting for something to happen. He hadn't felt like doing anything since Daniel left or since the shit with his mom went down. Frankly, Joey was tired and broken, this time there wasn't anyone to help him. The house was quiet, and dark. Wolf was laying next to Joey's feet. Joey felt like crying, but he'd cried so much, he didn't know if he had any tears left. He never thought he would have to feel so trashy.

He looked into the kitchen, and a memory flashed in his mind.

Joey was sitting at the kitchen table. At this point in the day he was on the brink of falling asleep. He was laying his head on the table, tired after a long day of working. There had been so many things going on lately, there were not enough hours in the day for anything.

Daniel walked into the kitchen kissing Joey's forehead. Daniel knew the stress that Joey had been under lately. Joey lifted his head, his eyelids still feeling heavy.

"Hey," Daniel put his hand on Joey's back, and rubbed it lightly. Joey gave him a lazy smile. Joey was sleepy and Daniel could tell.

"You're cute when you're tired. You know that?" Joey nodded and Daniel laughed. Daniel grabbed Joey's arms and put them around his neck. Joey rested his head on Daniel's shoulder. They sat there for a while, in each other's arms. Daniel grabbed Joey's waist and helped him to the couch. Joey stumble and a sleepy giggle escaped his mouth. Daniel laid Joey down gently. When Daniel tried to get up, Joey held onto his neck.