Chapter 22: Family Reunion

Joey and Daniel walked through the airport terminal. Their bags trailed behind them. Everyone once and a while they would roll over a bump and lose control. That was one of Daniel's pet peeves. They were back in LA. They were both very glad to be back frankly. It felt good to be back home, but Joey was sad that the tour was over, "You look really tired Daniel," Joey laughed and slipped his hand in Daniel's. Daniel had put so much into the past couple of weeks. He took care of basically everything. The only thing that Daniel wanted more than for the tour to go smoothly was that Joey enjoyed the whole thing. Which was something that Daniel could proudly say he accomplished. But the whole thing going smoothly was not free. It took a lot of him. 

"I'm jet lagged like crazy. I just want to get home and sleep. Hey, are you excited, your family is coming in a few days." Daniel said. Joey sighed, he could basically hear the exhaustion in Daniel's voice. Now his family was coming, and knowing Daniel like he did, Daniel would try and make this go perfectly. He was excited, but he was also nervous. You shouldn't be be nervous to see your family, but considering the history, Joey was nervous. There was also the fact that even though Daniel had met everyone, it was only brief. 

"Yeah, I'm excited. I haven't seen my mom or the rest of my family in a while. So yeah, I'm excited to see them." Joey just hoped and prayed that everything would go over well. After all the drama during his childhood, he just wanted to have everything be normal. 

- • - • - • - • - • -

The next morning, Joey waited for his family. Wolf started walking towards the door. He often did that when he heard sounds from outside the door. Daniel and him were sitting on the couch watching TV when the door bell rang. Wolf took off running to the door, and wagged his tail. Joey and Daniel stood up and walked to the door. Joey let out a breathe he hadn't realized he had been holding in. Joey opened the door, and Jett ran up and hugged Joey's legs. A huge smile lit up Joey's face. Joey had always absolutely adored his little brother. 

"Daniel!" Jett let go of Joey and hugged Daniel. Joey smiled even wide. He loved that they got along so well. That was one of Joey main concerns with introducing someone he really cared about to Jett. There was always the small chance that his little brother wouldn't like the person and Joey cared so much about Jett. Joey pushed the thought aside and focused on his excitement.  Joey laughed and hugged his mom, then step dad, "It's so good to see you guys." They all stood there for a second, hugging and laughing. Wolf ran around licking people's feet and jumping to lick their faces, he furiously wagged his tail. 

Jett sat on the ground as Wolf licked his face. Jett laughed, and it made everyone else laugh. Jett crawled into Wolf's kennel, and Wolf crawled in right next to him. They shut the kennel door, and Joey smiled as he watched. Joey vlogged, and they all caught up. They sat in the living room, and just, talked. It felt so good. And for a second, Joey thought that nothing could ruin this moment. 

- • - • - • - • - • -

They walked down the steps, and looked at the city. They all went out to dinner, and the restaurant had a great view of the city. Joey vlogged as Daniel walked behind him. Joey was almost surprised, Daniel had excused himself from the group to talk on the phone. Joey hadn't noticed him come back. The past couple of days, though, had been amazing with his family. Jett had been a little difficult, and Joey was a little overwhelmed. He'd forgotten what it was like to have his brother around 24/7. But nonetheless, it had been amazing. Everything had been amazing these past couple of months. The music video, the book, the tour, Daniel, his family, everything. 

"Jett wants to go see the minions," Joey's mom came up behind them, holding Jett's hand. Jett nodded frantically. He looked up at Joey with hopeful eyes. Joey cocked his head. 

"What minions?" Joey smiled and looked at Jett. Joey hadn't noticed any minions when they had been walking around the restaurant.  Jett pointed in the distance at a barely noticeable minion thing. Joey laughed, "How did you even notice that?" 

"He loves those things. He could spot them a mile away. Literally." Joey's step dad smiled. Joey just laughed. 

"Our table should be ready in an hour." Daniel pointed out. Joey shrugged, "Then we better be quick."

They all squeezed into the back of an uber, and drove over to see the giant minion attraction Jett had spotted. Jett squealed and grabbed onto Daniel's hand, who was sitting next to him. Joey looked back at them from the front seat. The smiles on both of their faces were priceless. Daniel had been so worried that not everyone in Joey's family would like him. A fact that Joey was mostly unaware of. The car got closer to the attraction and Jett was so excited. They only drove past it for a second, but that was all it took. 

They barely made it in time to the restaurant. Even after they ordered and ate, they just sat there for a couple of hours, talking and laughing, and telling stories. The only reason they left at the time they did was because they figured the people would rather them continue their conversations elsewhere, and also Jett was beginning to get a little fussy. 

"Oh my gosh, my mom would never let me go to a concert." Daniel laughed. They were talking about the time Joey went to a Veronicas concert and got pulled up on stage. Daniel loved hearing about Joey's past. Daniel knew some stories, but those were mainly only from Joey's perspective. Daniel's favorite thing about talking to Joey's family was hearing more about the things that Joey didn't talk about or maybe even didn't know.

"Oh my gosh, remember when I told off my teacher, and then she got fired." Joey laughed. The topic changed quickly every so often. 

"Every time you mention that, I still can't believe that your mom didn't kill you." Daniel smiled. 

"Well, that teacher deserved it. I was a little mad, but I was proud of Joey for sticking up for himself. He didn't do that often." Joey's mom smiled and held onto his hand. Joey squeezed his mom's hand and smiled. He was so glad that everything was going so well. Joey didn't know why he'd been so nervous about them coming. He wished they could stay forever. His mom was staying longer than Bob and Jett, but he knew they couldn't stay forever, even though he wished they could.

Hey! Okay we know, we know. We said we'd post on Tuesday, and it's been a week. These next chapters are filler chapters, and fillers are really hard to write. But all these filler chapters are leading up to chapters 25 and 26, which should be VERY interesting. So look forward to those two chapters. 

Sorry again, but WE PROMISE  WE WILL POST ON TUESDAY.

-B&C