Chapter 21: Paris

Joey and Daniel had two more days in the UK, and decided to go to Paris for a night. It was only one day, but honestly just spending the day with Daniel was enough. The last time Joey had gone to Paris was 3 years ago. Last time Joey had gone with his friends, and now he got to go with the love of his life. He felt that something would be different. Maybe the experience would end up being a lot better than the first time, but then again, everything was better with Daniel. They had to run to catch their train, nearly missing it, but they got there just as the doors were about to close. Thankfully, Joey and Daniel were on a train yet again. The train ride was long, but they knew it would be worth it.

They spent most of the ride in silence, watching the beautiful country-side passing by quickly. They would share a comment every so often, but just being together was good enough. In some of Joey's past relationships, he felt the constant need to keep the conversation going. There was something about Joey's relationship that was different. Joey hadn't ever felt the way he did with Daniel that he with other people, he felt so much more.... calm.

When they got there, they were both starving and Joey and Daniel decided to get food before checking into the hotel. It was later in the day and neither of them were quite sure why the room wasn't ready. They didn't much choice in the matter though, but to just enjoy the beautiful city there were in. Both of their phones were dead, and neither of them spoke French, which wasn't a good thing, it probably wasn't a good idea to go out and try and find their way around, but neither of them cared that much. It was an adventure and Joey and Daniel were nothing if not adventurous.

After they were done eating, they still had a couple of hours before they needed to check into the hotel. They walked around just enjoying the city streets before they decided to do something everyone does when they're in Paris, visit the Eiffel Tower. The sun was setting and it was probably one of the most romantic setting that Daniel had ever seen in his entire life. It was something straight out of a romantic comedy. Joey and Daniel walked down the street towards the tower hand in hand.

"If you told a 15 year old me, that I would be here, I would say you were lying. I have a great job, I'm in Paris with the most amazing man ever, and I'm happier than I'd ever been. I love you. Have I ever told you that I love you?" Joey smiled, he had been giggly ever since he and Daniel gone out to eat. Joey couldn't help it, he was just so happy, he was just like the last time he had been in Paris, but this time was a thousand times better. Daniel laughed and kissed the top of Joey's head,"What was in that souffle?"

"I just, I'm just so happy. I can't explain it. Maybe it's the city. Paris is the city of love." Joey said and leaned his head on Daniel's shoulder. They walked like that for a while before Joey took off running when they were close enough to the Eiffel Tower for people to maybe start recognizing they were together. The last thing that Joey need was for someone to recognize him and post the picture of them everyone. It was almost the same anxiety that he had when he had first started going out on dates with guys. He loved Daniel more than words could fully describe.

They walked under the tower, before going up inside of it. He was still being silly despite the romantic atmosphere, and Daniel wouldn't have it any other way. Joey wouldn't be himself if he didn't act like a total maniac. Joey vlogged as they walked up the stairs to the first level. They felt like kids again. Like they could do anything. And as they walked up and up, it was like all their troubles were behind them. It was a liberating feeling to, for that moment, not have to worry about their lives or jobs or family. It may have only been a moment, but it was a perfect one.

They got to the top and looked out just as the sun set over the city. It was beautiful. The sky was lit up with all sorts of colors. The colors seemed to bleed gently into each other. It was like water colors, and it was perfect. Daniel hugged Joey from behind. Joey closed his eyes and took a deep breath. Peace. A feeling he hadn't felt in a long time and to be able to let go of all the major anxiety he has and has had in the past was an amazing feeling. Daniel made Joey feel safe. They held each other and didn't say anything.