Chapter 25: Heartbreak Part 1

Joey walked into the kitchen. It was a late night for him. He had been up most of the night laying away in bed thinking of how strange Daniel had been acting lately, and when he did fall asleep, he didn't sleep well at all. He felt sleepy for a moment and he realized he was about to yawn. He put his hand up to his mouth to catch his yawn. 

He saw Daniel talking on the phone, his back to Joey. Joey tensed up and balled his hands into tight fist. He was more angry than he thought he had been. He was cooking something, but he didn't know what. Probably breakfast for the two of them, but Joey honestly didn't feel like eating at all, not with how upset he was at the moment.

Joey rolled his eyes, before waving a hand in Daniel's face. Daniel smiled at him. Joey grimaced back, but Daniel had already turned around, and he didn't see his face.

"Yeah, I have to go. Talk to you later. Bye." Daniel hung up the phone, and turned back around to stir the food. "Good morning sunshine! How did you sleep?" 

"Terribly, but that's not what I wanted to talk about. Daniel, I wanna ask you something. And don't lie to me. Please don't lie," Joey said to Daniel. Daniel's back tensed up, but Joey needed to know what was going on, "Okay. I'm just going to say it. Are you cheating on me?"

Daniel spun around and narrowed his eyes at Joey, "What? Did I hear you right? Did you just ask me if I'm cheating on you?" Joey looked down at his feet, embarrassed, "Well, are you?" Daniel's jaw dropped. He couldn't believe what he was hearing. Of all the things that anyone had accused him of, this hurt the most.

"Why the HELL would you think that? Do you have some legitimate reason to think that I would be cheating on you? Because you better have a good reason Joey," Daniel walked over to Joey and put his finger to his chest. Joey took a step back, and narrowed his eyes. 

"All those mysterious phone calls, and text messages you've been getting lately? How do you explain that? You're the one that better have a good reason," Joey crossed his arms, and clenched his jaw. He wanted to ask Daniel about this for so long, but this was not the way he planned on this going. The thing is, he didn't quite remember anymore what he had hoped would come from this, but this was definitely not expecting this. Joey thought that he was more civilized than this, and he hated the fact that the two of them were reduced to yelling at each other and acting pathetically.

"Oh my god," Daniel rolled his eyes, but refused to answer. This made Joey even more angry. This situation was getting out of hand and frankly both of them thought that they were not at fault,  "You really think I'm the one that would cheat? You're the one that has a history of sleeping around Joey, not me."

Joey uncrossed his arms and threw them in the air, "Are you kidding me Daniel? Are you freaking kidding me? So now I'm a whore? You were my first Daniel! YOU! AND YOU KNOW THAT PERFECTLY WELL! So stop accusing me of something that's not true. Don't. Just don't. And after all this, you STILL haven't answered my question!" 

"You really don't trust me that much? You don't trust me so much, that just because you don't know every single freaking person I talk to on the phone everyday, that I'm cheating on you? Newsflash Joey, you aren't the only person in my life okay? Not everything is about you! My life, doesn't revolve around yours! Just because you're the popular one in the relationship, doesn't mean you're more important!" Daniel took two of his fingers and lightly hit Joey on the chest. Joey slapped his hand away, and started walking away. 

Daniel stopped him, "No. You stay. I'll go. It's your freaking house anyway."

                -  •  -  •  -  •  -  •  -  •  -

Joey slowly walked up the stairs. He felt terrible about all the thing he had said. Joey desperately needed to go and apologized to Daniel. He'd seen Daniel go up the stairs, and heard a door shut a few minutes ago, but saw Hope's car pulling out of the driveway. He was hopeful that maybe Daniel had just gone to their room. Hope and Michael were suppose to leave today, so Joey was going up stairs to see if Daniel was still angry, and to apologize.