Chapter 31: Save Me

Song: Save Me by Hollywood Undead (Putting it up here now)

--------

-James-

All I had to do was make it through today and my dad said I could go home early.

This trip hasn't been so bad. Of course I missed home, but I didn't mind the city and everything that it entails. I also couldn't see myself living anywhere else other than Atlanta. Family is there. I could easily live in Atlanta and take business trips if I had to. I'm getting ahead of myself though. It's not like I'm taking over the business next week. Hopefully that won't be any less than five years.

Another thing is that I haven't talked to my dad on this trip yet. I planned on doing that tonight at dinner. Basically this trip involved a lot of meetings with board members and the only thing I really did was listen and note. There were a few times my dad asked me to throw in some ideas and he seemed pleased with that.

He's been really different on this trip. He seemed to be really happy and never a dull moment in his moods. We went to dinner every night, we split after that, and repeat the same routine in the morning. It hasn't been a bad trip at all. Sometimes I think my dad was actually proud of me. He seemed to be and it gave me more confidence when it came to taking over the company.

But here, on my last day, all I could think about was getting home and sleeping in my own bed. I miss Chaos and I miss Violet. I haven't had much down time since I've been here and I haven't talked to Violet in a few days. We've texted, but no more than a few here and there. That's another reason I couldn't wait to get home. I want to surprise her in the morning when my plane lands.

In just a few minutes, I'll be meeting my dad at the hotel restaurant. I'm going to bring up these past three years and hopefully put them behind us.

My phone buzzed in my pocket and I pulled it out to see a message from my dad. It was time to meet him downstairs. I was nervous about talking to him because it really could go either way.

I left my room and took the elevator to the second floor where the restaurant was. The guy standing at the podium asked for my name and then led me to a table where my dad was already sitting with a glass of scotch in hand. He stood to greet me with a firm handshake and we sat back down. "So, what did you think about everything?" He asked, clasping his hands over the table.

I nodded. "It's been eventful. Definitely don't know how you keep up with it all."

He genuinely laughed. "Years of practice, I guess. I was the same when I took over for my father. I was only a few years older than you, James. My father told me he couldn't see anyone else. It was really small, but I built it up to what it is today."

"Hopefully I won't disappoint then."

He shook his head. "I know you won't, James. You're good at it. A job like this requires a lot of time and patience. You have that, thanks to me. You definitely didn't get that from your mother," he teased.

I smiled sadly. "I guess I inherited a lot from you."

"Unfortunately," He murmured. "I found an apartment today for Sara and I."

My heart sank. "That's where you were today?"

He nodded and downed the rest of his drink.

"You didn't tell me you were moving to New York," I said with a little bite in my tone.

"I didn't really decide until today. You know you can come visit me whenever. You and Meredith both."