Chapter 29: You Know What?

Warning: There's a tad, so small you'll barely notice, bit of sexual content. There's no details or anything explicit, but like I've always said, better to be safe than sorry. Don't want to make anyone uncomfortable.

-Violet-

"Shit!" I yelled and wrapped my hand around my finger.

James came running out of his room, stumbling to a stop in front of me. "What'd you do?" He rushed.

I looked down at the broken ornaments on the floor and back to him. "I was trying to reach the top of the tree, but instead I almost fell and dropped a couple of ornaments. I'm sorry."

James sighed and took my hands. He brought me into his room and into the bathroom. He sat me down on the closed toilet seat and retrieved a first aid kit from below his bathroom sink. "I would've helped you, Vi," He said and started cleaning the cut on my finger.

"I know, but I thought I could do it," I grumbled. "We're almost done."

"I don't care how close we are to being finished. What I do care about is you getting hurt."

He finished cleaning it up and wrapped a Band-Aid around it. "It wasn't that bad, James. But thank you for helping."

He took my other hand and cleaned the blood off of my palm. "It's fine, just call me next time, yeah?"

I caressed his face in my hands and smiled. "I promise not to be an idiot again."

James laughed and looked up at me. I leaned down and kissed his lips softly.

We left the bathroom and walked back into his living room to finish the tree. But James cleaned up the broken glass before. After we got the ornaments on the tree, James put the star on the top. We both took a few steps back to look at the completed tree. Chaos was jumping around it and it made me really nervous.

But I think it turned out pretty damn perfect.

James walked in the kitchen to order take out and then announced, "Dinner will be here in twenty!"

I sighed and fell back on the couch. Chaos jumped up easily and lay across my lap. He's not a lap dog, that's for sure, but it doesn't stop him from trying. I ruffled my fingers through his fur and he wagged his tail in response. James came back into the living room and sat down next to me. "How was your week?" He asked.

"Okay," I answered. "Definitely better than last weekend. And I love working for your mom, too. Super easy to work for."

James smiled. "That's good to hear."

I smiled back. "What about you? How's everything going with your dad?"

He shrugged a shoulder. "Nothing's changed. But everything else is pretty damn good."

Chaos jumped off my lap and I took the opportunity to move closer to James. He pulled me against his side and I rested my head on his shoulder. I let my eyes close and James kissed my forehead. "What about Cristin?"

"Haven't seen much of her since the internship ended so I guess that's good too."

I opened my eyes and looked up at him. "What isn't that good is that I only saw you once this week." I moved a hand to his jaw. "That needs to change."

His lips curved into a small smile. "I have to agree."

I brought his lips down to mine for a small kiss. "We didn't finish our conversation from last weekend," I whispered against his lips.