Chapter 14: Your Boss Sounds Like a Jackass

-Violet-

"Mom invited Mark and his daughters over for dinner tonight." Gray muttered at breakfast Sunday morning. "Reason?"

I shrugged and took a bite of my pancakes.

Nic spoke after taking a sip of his orange juice. "Maybe they're finally going to tell us they're together." He suggested, "Does she think we'd be mad?"

"No." I answered, "But like I said before, it's her business not ours."

Blue sat his fork down and leaned on his elbow. "Can we go to the park? I'm bored."

"Did you do your homework?" I asked.

He sighed. "No, but I'm almost finished."

"Finish and we'll go." Then I looked at Gray and Nic, "All of us."

Gray just rolled his eyes.

"Oh, come on, V. I have plans." Nic said with aggravation.

"Oh, come on, Nic." I said sarcastically, "When's the last time you hung out with us anyway?" I took the last bite of my pancakes.

Nic shrugged. "Fine. But you owe me."

"I don't owe you anything." I grinned, "But I love you."

The corner of his lips twitched and he smiled a little. "I love you, Loser."

"What about me?" Blue called out.

Nic laughed and looked at him. "We love you too, Buddy."

After breakfast, Blue left to go do is homework and myself, Gray, and Nic cleaned up the mess we made. If mom came home and saw this, she'd kill us. But she'd do it with love, so it wouldn't be too bad.

Nic and Gray dried while I washed, like usual.

Once we were finished, Nic left to cancel his plans and Gray went to get ready. I walked down the hall to my room to get dressed too. I'm glad I showered this morning when everyone was still asleep.

I pulled on a pair of dark denim skinny jeans and a black and white striped sweater. It was hard, but I managed to pull my hair back into a small ponytail because I was too lazy to do anything with it. It's grown quite a bit since I've started the internship. When I first started, I wasn't able to pull it back at all. Now I can get a small ponytail at least.

A pair of black boots concluded the outfit and I was ready to ago.

Again, too lazy to even deal with make-up.

"Hey, Gray," I walked out of my room to find Gray in the living room, "Did you take Mom to work this morning?"

"Yeah, I have to pick her up at three."

Blue came striding out of his room with a packet of papers in his hand. "I'm done." He handed them to me and I took them.

I scanned through the packet, seeing all the answers are filled in. Hopefully they're right and not just quickly scribbled down, which he has a bad habit of doing. I'll check it all when we get home.

Fifteen minutes later, Gray set Blue lose in the large field to chase pigeons. We promised him ice cream soon so it wouldn't be long until he came back to remind us.

He wasn't far from the other side of the wide paved walkway.

Nic took off after Blue, and Gray and I sat down on a bench.