Chapter 19

Ally's POV

I wake up to the sound of classical music. My eyelids flutter once or twice to clear my vision. At first it's extremely hard to focus correctly, but eventually I start to see large, unfocused blobs in my line of view. I must have been out for a long time. Ugh...my head hurts.

When I finally come to, so does my memory of the last few hours and I start to panic. My legs and arms are tied to a wooden chair in the center of a dark room. Around me are four glass walls that jut up to almost ceiling height.

There are no visible details about the place. I have no idea where I am.

"Help!" I scream out, receiving no response. I can feel my pulse through my throat as my words struggle to make their way out of my mouth. "Help me please! Someone!" It hurts to talk.

What the hell was I thinking in trusting some guy that I met off of an app?

I begin to hear the ring of my cell phone going off and then it being silenced by a crushing sound. It doesn't ring again.

"Good Morning," I hear from the overhead speaker system. The sound of his voice makes my heart beat faster and with more aggression.

"Let me out of here! Please! Please let me go... Why are you doing this to me? Do you want money? I have money. Just please..."

"It'll be over soon enough," his voice echoes off the walls. I try to wiggle out of the fastening on my arm but it's too tight.

"What does that mean? Oh my god..." I hear the pressure of water from a hose being turned on. Within seconds, I feel a dampness underneath my feet and I can only assume it is water. It floods around my toes and all the way up to my ankles before it turns off again.

An oldschool movie projector turns on in the middle of the room, illuminating only one of the white walls. On it, is a movie script: "Director: Christian Dreyer, Title: To be determined."

I begin to read the first few lines of it and realized that this is a conversation between Lauren and I.

"Today is your big day, Allyson. You're auditioning for a part in my latest feature. I'm sure you've noticed that to your left there is a water spout. For each time your performance is sub par, I will turn on the water until you get it right."

"And you see, I am the director. So, your job is to convince me that you're worthy of the part."

"Why are you doing this?" The water surges on for a few seconds before cutting off again.

And then it just drips, and drips and drips.

--

Camila's POV

Panic has set in.

Me: Have you heard from Ally?

Me: Lauren, PLEASE answer your phone.

Me: Something is very, very wrong.

I called Ally ten times last night and texted her about twenty. Her car is still in the driveway. With Troy locked up on domestic battery charges, there's nowhere else she could have gone without her car. I call up the phone specialist at the station and have him pull her phone records. He does so very reluctantly, because she hasn't been missing long enough to even file a report. When he gets back to me, he lets me know that the last ping of her phone was in Nyack, New York. After that, it doesn't ping again. I take a look at her call and text log. A restricted number pops up over fifty times. Who the hell was she talking to?

My cell phone rings and I check the Caller ID- Lauren.

"Camz? I'm here. Do you want to get in my car? Can you brief me quickly on what happened?" Lauren says in a huff.