"Do you think her life could be in danger? Should we call the station? I can have someone down there in 5 minutes."

"Lauren, this is bad. Ally is hysterical. I don't know what to fucki-" I hear a crack quickly followed by shattered glass, "Laur, I gotta go..something just broke," I whisper before hanging up as Lauren screams my name through the receiver. I spring off of my bed, without a second thought swinging my door open to see Troy with a bat in his hand, shattered picture frames all around his feet.

"Who the fuck is this, and why the fuck is she in my house?!" He spits at Ally pointing the bat in my direction.

"Mila, go back in your room, everything is fine," Ally says, never taking her eyes off of Troy.

"All it takes is a quick phone call, Ally. I can have the police down here in a few minutes. Lauren already knows where I'm staying," I reply, willing Ally to look at me.

"Fuck this," Troy says, "Allyson, this isn't over."

With that, Troy leaves slamming the front door so hard the walls shake. Ally immediately drops to her knees, loud sobs cutting the air. I run into my room and grab my slippers before venturing into the hall where broken glass litters the floor.

"Hey, Al," I say, taking a knee next to her and stroking the top of her head. Ally immediately turns and wraps her arms around my waist, clinging to me for dear life as her sobs continue echoing off the walls.

I can see my phone screen lighting up on the floor next to me and realize Lauren has probably been calling me back for the last few minutes after the way I left the call.

I don't know how much longer Ally and I stayed like that, but once her breathing evened out I helped her to stand up and brought her over to her bed. She crawled in, sniffling lightly, and I sat on the edge of the bed holding her hand and rubbing small circles into her back until she was asleep.

I grab my phone off of the floor where I left it and I was right in assuming Lauren tried me back. I have 7 missed calls and new text messages. I decide to let her get some sleep for the night but send her a quick text to ease her worry:

To Lauren Jauregui: He's gone, we are safe, Ally is in bed now. Thank you for talking me through that... I'm still sorry I woke you up but try and get some sleep now. Thanks again, Lauren. - Camila

I pass by my room tossing my phone onto my bed as I head to the kitchen for the broom, dust pan, and a brown paper bag. I notice a hole in the wall behind the front door where the knob rammed forcefully when he stormed back in.

I spend the next half hour cleaning the glass off the hallway floor, escaping with nothing more than a couple shallow cuts on my hands. I'm back in my room scared to see the time but I need to know if it's worth trying to sleep or not. I turn on the backlight to see I have two new text messages both from Lauren - the first from about 45 minutes ago, and the second from about 10 minutes ago. Why is she still awake?

Lauren Jauregui: Are you sure you are safe? My apartment isn't much, but if you and Ally need somewhere safe you are always welcome here.

Lauren Jauregui: Camila? You're going to have me worrying until I get some sort of reassurance that you're OK.

Fuck, I can't believe I called her and ruined her night too.

To Lauren Jauregui: Please go to sleep, I feel awful that you're still up because of me. He is gone, we are safe. I'm going to ask you keep that offer open though for a later date. If he ever shows up again I'm getting Ally out of here. Thank you for everything, Lauren. Goodnight.