28 - Like I Did Yesterday

Mikey POV

It's been about ten minutes since Cole went to go be with Cassie. I could hear Cassie screaming bloody murder out here. I was on my phone, when the door to Cassie's room burst open. A few doctors pushed a stretcher into the room. What the hell happened? A minute later they started to exited the room. I was able to see who was on the stretcher: Cole. They rushed her to another room before I could ask what happened. I ran into Cassie's room and broke down in tears.

"What. The. Hell. Happened." I said, in between sobs.

"She fainted. They didn't tell us why." Cassie said. She was sitting up in her bed, holding a blue blanket.

"Holy shit, you had a baby." I said, trying to distract myself.

"Do you want to hold him?" She asked.

"Sure." She carefully handed me Payton and smiled. I sat down in a chair that was right next to the hospital bed.

"This is so weird." I said.

"What?" Cassie asked.

"Holding a baby. I always thought it would be different. I always thought that they just cried, weighed, like, twelve pounds, and smelled like shit."

"Nope. Payton's just six pounds and four ounces of pure baby. No shit yet." Cassie said, laughing. "Hey, Mikey."

"Yeah?"

"Would you be Payton's Godfather?" She asked.

"Yeah. Does he have a Godmother?" I was looking down at Payton. He looked just like his mom.

"I asked Cole, but she passed out before she could answer." I slowly nodded.

"Where's Frank?" I asked, noticing he wasn't in the room.

"On the phone with his mom." I nodded.

"Do you think she's going to be okay?" I asked, thinking about Cole.

"She's probably going to cry, because she's never met me. And she probably thinks I'm a slut because of how fast I got pregnant." Cassie said, nonchalantly. I realized she was talking about Frank's mom.

I laughed, "I meant, Cole. Do you think Cole's going to be okay?"

"She's a trooper. She'll be fine." A female voice said. It wasn't Cassie. I turned to the door and saw a doctor standing in the doorway. "She's awake and asking for you." I smiled.

I carefully stood up and handed Payton back Cassie. The doctor led me to a room far away from Cassie's. I walked in and smiled. She was okay. Well. mostly okay. There was a doctor next to her, putting stitches in her forehead.

"Hey." She said when she saw me. The doctor doing her stitches finished and left. I ran over to her bed and hugged her really tight.

"Mikey. Can't. Breathe."

"Sorry." I said and let her go. I softly kissed her.

"How's Payton?" She asked.

"He's adorable. He looks just like Cassie. Except, he has black hair."

"Cassie's had artificially blue hair since tenth grade." Cole said. I smiled and laughed. A few minutes later, a doctor male walked in.

"Hi, I'm Doctor Fields. While you were asleep we did some scans of your head, to see what caused you to faint. We got the results back. There are no brain problems." He explained.

"So, what caused me to pass out?" Cole asked.

"Sleep deprivation. Miss Stevens, when was the last time you slept?"

"Three days ago." Cole said, hesitantly. My eyes widened.

"You need to rest." Doctor Fields said. "I'll come back later to see how you're doing." He then turned around and walked out of the room.

"You haven't slept in three days?" I asked.

"Blame Cassandra." She said.

"What did she do?"

"Her little, 'I don't know if I should keep Payton or not,' breakdown last week."

"Please try and get some sleep." I asked. She nodded and I started to stand up.

"Please don't leave. I hate hospitals." I sat back down and smiled at her. She closed her eyes and started to sleep. A few hours later, Frank walked in the room, holding a Starbucks in his hand. He handed it to me and I took it.

"I figured you would want it." He said. "How is she?"

"She's fine. She got some stitches, but nothing serious."

"Do you know why she passed out?"

"Sleep deprivation." I said, repeating what the doctor told us.

"How long?"

"Three days." I said. "How's, Payton?"

"He's good. He pees a lot. He only cried a few times. He looks just like Cassie."

"Yeah." I said.

"I'm going to go back to Cassie's room. If you need anything, you know where to find us." He said and left. I looked at Cole and smiled. Even when she sleeps, she looks perfect.

"I love you, more than you could ever imagine." And with that, I started to fall asleep in the hospital chair.

She's okay! Be happy she isn't dead!

XoXo

~XhannahX