19 - I'm Just The Way That The Doctor Made Me

Cole POV

For the past few weeks Frank and Cassie have been acting really weird. Frank has been wearing a ring on a certain finger and Cassie is always touching her ring. Plus they're being more clingy to each other.

"Mikey, have you noticed that the midgets are acting weirder than usual?" I asked. We were in the car on the way to an OB/GYN. Today we're finding out if Cassie is having a boy or a girl.

"Yeah." He said. "Okay, I know this sounds crazy but, do you think that they eloped?"

I thought about it for a second. "That actually makes a lot of sense."

We arrived at the doctor's office and got out of the car. We walked inside and saw Cassie and Frank sitting in the waiting room. I walked over to them and sat down next to Cassie.

"Cass, I need to ask you a question." I said, so only she would hear.

"Hm." She said.

"I know this sounds crazy, but, did you and Frank get married? Like elope?"

She laughed nervously. I was ready to scream at the midgets, but a nurse came out and called Cassie's name before I could say anything. We stood up and walked back to a little room with a bunch of machines set up.

"Doctor Altman will be here in a minute." The nurse said as she left the room.

"Cassandra Alexis Iero! Why would you get married and not freaking tell me?! And when the hell did this happen?" I was getting really pissed.

"Did you just call me 'Cassandra Iero?'" She asked, smirking.

"Don't change the subject! When did you get married?"

"About seven weeks ago. The day after you thought you were pregnant." She said. I was about to say something but the door opened. A tall woman with dark brown hair and tan skin walked in the room.

"Sorry to keep you waiting. I'm Doctor Altman. Which one of you is Cassie?" She asked, looking down at the clipboard she was holding. Cassie raised her hand and the doctor smiled.

"Okay, Cassie, I need you to lie down on this table and slightly pull your shirt up." Cassie nodded and laid down. Doctor Altman looked at the rest of us and smiled.

"Hi, is one of you the father of the baby?" She asked Frank and Mikey.

"I am." Frank said, smiling. Doctor Altman smiled.

"And, who are you two?" She asked me and Mikey, nicely.

"I'm her best friend and he's his best friend." I said. Doctor Altman nodded and turned back to Cassie. She set her clipboard on a nearby table and grabbed a tube of clear jelly.

"Okay, Cassie. This is going to be a little cold," She said, taking the cap off the tube. She put some of the jelly on Cassie's stomach. I saw Cassie shiver. Doctor Altman took a pen-like object and pressed it down on Cassie's stomach. Within seconds there was a picture up on the screen next to Cass.

"That's your baby." Doctor Altman said, pointing to the screen. It looked a lot more like a baby now than it did eight weeks ago. I stared in amazement. I felt something on my hand. I looked down and saw Mikey had interlocked our fingers. I smiled and rested my head on his shoulder.

"Your baby looks perfectly healthy." Doctor Altman said, smiling at Cassie.

"When can we find out if it's a boy or a girl?" Frank asked. Doctor Altman looked back at the screen.

"Right now, if you want." She replied. Cassie and Frank looked at each other and nodded.

"Yes, please." Cassie said. Doctor Altman looked at the screen once more.

"Congratulations, you're having a boy!" She said, happily. Frank's face lit up.

"Told you." Mikey said, quietly. I laughed. Cassie started lightly crying. Frank kissed her forehead and she smiled. Doctor Altman printed out a few pictures of the baby and handed them to Cassie. She wiped the remains of the jelly off her stomach and Cassie sat up.

"I will see you in a few weeks. Keep that baby healthy." She said and walked out of the room. We all walked out after her and went back to the parking lot.

"Here." Cassie said, handing me a picture. I smiled and took it.

"Cole, I know that you're pissed, and I totally understand. I just don't want you to stay mad at me." She said.

"I'm not mad, I'm just upset. I wish I could've been there. I mean, how many times does your best friend get married?"

"Twice." Cassie said, casually.

"Huh?"

"We're still having the wedding, we just got legally married." She said, smiling. Frank stood next to her and snaked his arm around her waist. "Oh, that reminds me. Cole would you be my maid-of-honor?"

"Of course!" I said, happily. We both smiled. We talked for a few more minutes, then everyone left. Mikey and I drove back home and relaxed for a little bit.

"What do you wanna do?" Mikey asked. I thought for a second.

"I have a few ideas." I said, pulling Mikey to our bedroom. That's when things got interesting.

If you have a twisted mind like me, you know what's going on. ;)

XoXo

~XhannahX