26 - ... I'll Expect You Wont Cry

Cole POV

"I've decided to keep Payton." Cassie said. I jumped up and hugged her tightly.

"Good." I said, causing her to laugh. I pulled out of the hug and looked at Frank. He was lightly crying.

"Frank, are you okay?" I asked.

"I'm relieved and I'm happy." He said.

"Then why are you crying?"

"Happy tears." He said, matter-of-factly. He got up and hugged Cassie.

"Thank you." He said, into her shoulder. I just realized that he's shorter than her.

"Okay," Cassie said, pulling out of the hug. "We have seven weeks to get all this shit done."

"Define 'shit.'" Mikey said.

"We need a room, clothes, and other baby stuff. Oh, and Cole," She looked at me, "you're painting the room."

"When?" I asked.

"Right now." She pulled my hand and brought me upstairs. She opened a door, to what I'm assuming is Payton's room. There was no furniture, just two cans of light blue paint, a can of black paint, a screwdriver, and painter's tape.

"Okay, so, paint the whole thing blue, then when it's dried can you write his name in black letters?"

"Yeah." I walked over to the paint and opened it with the screwdriver that was next to the can. "Do you have any brushes?"

"I knew I forgot something!" She said walking away. She came back and handed me a paint brush. I started painting the room.

----------

About three hours later, I finished painting. Now it just has to dry, then I have to go back and write his name on the wall. I walked back downstairs and noticed that Cassie was the only other person here.

"Where are Frank and Mikey?"

"They went to go get a crib for Payton." She replied, looking down at her phone. "Did you finish painting?"

"I did the blue, but I didn't do the black yet." She nodded and looked down at her phone.

"What do you think of this crib?" She asked and turned her phone around so I could see. It was a plain black crib.

"It's cute." I said. I walked to the fridge and grabbed a water.

"Cole?"

"Yeah." I said, after taking a sip of the water.

"When are you and Mikey getting married?"

I spit-tanked the water I currently had in my mouth. "What?"

"You've been dating for eight months."

"So?"

She dramatically exhaled. "So, maybe you should start thinking about getting married. I mean, you've wanted to marry him since eighth grade."

"I want to wait a little bit. I mean, if tomorrow he asked me to marry him, I wouldn't say no. Actually, I would marry him tomorrow if I could." 

"So, why don't you?"

"Well, one reason, Mikey and I aren't even engaged. Two; I don't think Mikey wants to get married tomorrow. For all I know, he could be planning to break up with me."

"I highly doubt he wants to break up with you." Cassie said.

"You don't know that." I argued, even though she's right.

"Then why did he buy you your dream house?"

"Okay, fine, you win." Cassie smiled from ear to ear. "I'm going to finish painting."

"I'm going with you." We walked upstairs and into Payton's room. I opened the black paint and started to write his name on the wall. I finished and turned to Cassie.

"So, what do you think?" I asked. She looked at the walls and smiled.

"It looks great." I smiled and we walked back downstairs. We sat in the kitchen and waited for Frank and Mikey to get back.

"Ow." Cassie said and held her stomach.

"You okay?"

"Yeah. Payton's just kicking a lot." She looked at me, then her stomach. "Do you want to feel it?"

"Can I?" She smiled and took my hand. She placed it where Payton was kicking.

"That's so weird." I said. A few minutes later, Frank and Mikey walked in.

"Your son is being evil today." Cassie said to Frank.

"I'm sorry."

"It's okay." All of a sudden, there was a water sound.

"Did someone just piss themselves?" I asked.

"Uh, guys." Cassie said.

More suspense! Happy ending for Payton!

XoXo

~XhannahX