3 - This Broken City Sky

Cole POV

ONE YEAR LATER

"Cole, are you sure you want to do this?" Cassie asked me. I continued to pack my clothes into my suitcase.

"Yes, I'm absolutely sure." I said back.

"What if he comes back and sees that you're not here? You said that you would wait for him." She said.

"Cassie," I said, starting to get pissed, "He was supposed to be back six weeks ago. I've been through hell without him here, but it's too late now. I graduated and now I'm getting the hell out of Belleville. Mikey obviously doesn't care."

She looked at me and sighed. She knew I was right. Mikey was supposed to be back six weeks ago. I haven't heard from him in almost two months. I just stopped caring. Mikey had obviously forgotten about our deal.

For those of you wondering, no, Mikey and I didn't have sex that night. Gerard got pissed, but we didn't care. I started laughing as I thought about the lecture Gee gave us.

"Cole, are you okay?" Cassie asked me.

"No, Cass. I'm not o-fucking-kay." I said. I can't believe I just quoted a My Chemical Romance song. I started crying. For the past few weeks, I couldn't stop thinking about Mikey. He told me he would be back. He lied. He never told me why he wasn't coming back.

"Do you want me to leave you alone?" Cassie asked, on the verge of tears. Oh, shit.

"I'm sorry, Cassie. I'm not trying to be mean. It's just these last few months have been hard on me. Now all I want to do is get the hell out of Belleville and go to L.A. I want to get as far away from the memories of Mikey Way as I can." I felt bad now.

"Cole, what if he comes back?" Cassie asked softly.

"Cass, as much as I want to believe that he'll come back, I just don't think he will." I said. It broke my heart inside. What if he didn't wait for me? What if he hooked up with some random slut after a concert? Why am I even thinking about this? Mikey and I aren't even dating. Yet. No, Cole! You and Mikey are not dating and you probably never will.

"Cole we should probably get some sleep. Our flight leaves early tomorrow." Cassie said, yawning. I nodded my head, laid down, and I slowly drifted off into sleep.

**************

I woke up the next morning to the sound of Cassie screaming. I glanced over at the clock and saw the time: 4:30. What the hell was she doing up?

"Cassie! Calm your shit and go back to sleep!" I yelled over her screaming.

"But Gerard Way just tweeted me!" She yelled excitedly.

"I thought we agreed that we would never tweet them again." I said, a little pissed. Our flight doesn't leave for another four hours, so I could've slept a little longer.

"I'm sorry," Cassie got up and hugged me. I know she was only about two percent sorry. She was overly obsessed with My Chemical Romance. I still liked their music, just not as much as I used to. Cassie and I made a deal that until we talked to Mikey and everyone else in person, we would not tweet, text, or call any of them. I know it sounds stupid but both of us went through heartbreak when they didn't come back. I was heartbroken over Mikey and Cassie was heartbroken over Frank Iero. He was one of the guitar players in My Chemical Romance. Cassie loved him.

"So what did he say?" I asked, wondering what Gerard had said to Cassie.

"He asked if you were still single." She said. What the hell?