Chapter 21

"Dad, are you alright?" I call running over to him. He nods.

"I'm fine. Thank you, kids. Another moment later and I would have been on my way to Amon" Dad says.

"Uh, Guys.... look" Mako stutters pointing down the street. I cover my mouth with my hand. A Equalists airship is landing on Air Temple Island, where my family is.

-
-

As we arrive my siblings run into the middle of the court yard. I jump off and embrace them in a hug.

"Your safe" I mumble in Jinora's shoulder.

"Oh thank goodness you're alright!" My father says while hugging us all.

Meelo climbs onto Dad's shoulders and pulls on his head.

"We caught the bad guys" Meelo Stares happily. My eyes widen but I let out a small chuckle.

"You let them fight?" Dad says to Lin a bit too sternly. "Do you realise what could have happened?"

"I would of been toast if it weren't for your kids" Lin folds her arms "you should be proud. You taught them well."

Dad looks at us over his shoulder, he looked extremely proud.

"Go on, be with your wife" Lin says still straight faced as always. My head pokes up and I immediately started to run into the temple.

Dad is right behind me and we both starting sprinting towards the cry of a baby.

"Mum!" "Pema!"

I look at the bed and see my mum with a small bundle of blankets in her arms. I walk over and start klucking over the baby like I have done to all my siblings.

"Tenzin" Mum says breathlessly. Dad comes over and sits on the bed and put his hands on Mum's shoulders.

"I'm here, Pema." Dad says softly.

"Our new son," mum hands the baby boy to dad. He put his finger on the baby's chin and coos him.

"Hello." Meelo, Ikki and Jinora poke their heads into the room. "Come, meet your new brother."

"A brother? Well it's about time!" Meelo says walking into the room.

"Welcome," Ikki says to the baby. "I'm Ikki, and this is Jinora, Meelo and your oldest sister, Nini. We have a super great family and we're so happy that you're a part of it"

I smile down at the baby and Ikki.

"What are gonna name him?" Jinora asks putting her hands together in excitement. "Can I pick?"

"We already chose a name." Mum rests her head Dad's shoulder.

"Rohan."

As a family we sit in silence until Korra walks into the room.

"I'm so sorry to interrupt, but more airships are coming." She says sadly.

Dad looks down at Rohan.

"Everything's not gonna be fine, is it, Daddy?" Ikki worriedly. I hug her and keep hugging her trying to make her feel safer.

"We'll make everything fine." I whisper calmly to her.

-

I carry little Rohan to Oogi, while Dad talks to Korra. I hop up onto the sky bison and sit perched on the heels of my feet.

Dad and Lin join us. "Oogi, yip yip!"

We fly away from the surrounded island, two airships start towards us. I hold Rohan closer to me, trying to protect him as much as I can.

I keep a close eye on the airships as they continue to follow us. They shoot a large net at us, Lin breaks it arp art but keeps on of her metal ropes around it.

She looks back to us and probably sees the faces of Mum, my siblings and I covered in fear.

She then looks away but yells back "whatever happens to me, don't turn back!"

"Lin, what are you doing?!" Dad shouts at her. I would stop her but my main priority is keeping Rohan safe.

She jumps off Oogi and lands on the first airship, she takes stance and rips off a large metal sheet off the airship.

It explodes and begins to fall to the harbour.  She leaps into the second one and starts to rip off another section but she is caught by electric ropes.

The airship turns back and we are safe for now.

"That lady is my hero," Meelo says while we stare in sorrow.

"Yes, she is." Dad confirms sadly. I make eye contact with him and we exchange worried glances.

-
-
-