Chapter 11

I heard Tod tell his Mom that he was going to go outside. Tod walked some more and I guess we finally made it outside because I felt the temperature change. I couldn't stop myself from thinking about what would happen if this somehow didn't work. What would we do? We couldn't just be dolls for the rest of our lives. I guess we wouldn't really have a choice. Would we age? Who would take care of us while we weren't in control of our own bodies? It's honestly terrifying to think about and I miss my old life the more I think about becoming an immobile doll.

"What are you thinking about?" Niall questioned.

"Nothing."

"Alright. You don't have to tell me because I already know and I know you're over thinking this. We'll all change back together. I promise."

"Oh yah? What makes you so sure? Are you a master in all things magic now?" I questioned.

"Very funny Cass. Listen, this journey has made me realize a lot. It's helped me remember what it's like to be normal, given the circumstances, and it's also helped me realize that I've been missing something in my life."

"And what's that?"

"You."

My mouth dropped as I looked at him, completely shocked. He's got to be joking! He's got millions of girls wrapped around his fingers and he just said that he choses me. I felt like I was in a story book. A really twisted, but really good story book.

I felt Niall's pointer finger tilt my chin upward as he leaned in closer. I closed my eyes as his lips brushed lightly against mine. It lasted for only a second until he pulled away. He left me wanting more from him but I was too shocked to do anything about it.

"If you want more you're going to have to believe that we can do this." He told me as I scowled at him.

"Hey love birds! Hate to interrupt but it think we're here." Ry cut in.

I stopped talking and listened. I heard muffled words from inside the bag we were in.

"Hey Mrs. Horan. Niall left one of his bags over at my house so I thought that I'd give it back." I heard Tod say.

Huh. Smart kid.

"Oh Thank you so much Tod. You're so sweet. Would you like to come in?"

"No thank you. My Mom wants me back."

They said their goodbyes and we were on the move again. I heard Niall's mom walk up some stairs and a bedroom door creak open. For a second we were airborne and then gravity crushed us once we landed on a bed I'm assuming.

"I can't believe my Mom doesn't realize something is wrong." I heard Niall mumble.

"Hey. You've been gone for a while it's probably just because she thinks that you've changed. Or maybe the demon doll is just a good actor?"

He looked at me and nodded solemnly. I rubbed his back with my hand and tried to breathe. Everything will be ok. It has to be.

"Alright so we need a plan." Ry said.

"Right." I agreed

"Do we stay in here or do we go out?" Ry asked.

"I feel like if we stay in here then he won't be able to see us and freak out. So we should get out somehow." Niall said.

"Ry and I will hide somewhere in the room, because he has no clue that there is more. And you, Niall, can sit on his bed and wait for him to come in. Sound like a plan?"

They all agreed and I unzipped the bag from the little part Tod left unzipped. Ry jumped off the bed and went under it.

"It's all good down here!" Ry screamed.

"Cass. Wait! Whatever happens just know I'm so thankful that I got to meet you. Even if it was a really strange way of meeting." Niall told me.

"Thank you! I'm glad that I finally got to meet you too. And I can think of stranger encounters." I joked.

He kissed me one last time and I jumped off the bed and landed next to Ry.

"Good luck guys!" Niall called.

"Same to you!" We screamed back.

It's been great but I hope that this adventure is almost over.