Chapter 8 (Continued)

I smiled brightly when the little boy's name was said.

"Yes! That's Tod! I know him. We need to find him and-" I said but was cut off.

"And what? Talk to him?!" Ry cut in.

"Well yah..... How else are we going to do this?" I asked.

"This is too much. We're dolls Cass!! And we might always be dolls! Not just dolls but immobile dolls!" Ry screamed.

"Listen. I know it's a lot but we can't give up. If we give up then whoever did this won and you know I'm a sore looser." I said, laughing lightly.

Ry smiled at me and Niall looked at Ry.

"I'm sorry. I'm just scared." She mumbled.

"I know. Me too." I said.

"I know it's not very manly of me but I'm terrified also." Niall said.

We all laughed a little.

"So, ladies. Let's go find our savior named Tod." Niall said while hopping up out of our spot.

Ry and I quickly followed there was no time to waist. We quickly made it to the door that led back to the Child Care room.

"What if no one opens the door?!" Ry panicked.

I gave her a motion to hush as I listened through the door. I heard a soft lullaby play and I smiled.

"It's nap time right now." I said.

"Sooo?" Niall said.

"So, snack time is always after nap time and they keep the snacks down here. It's also almost the end of all of the songs in the CD so they've been asleep for roughly an hour. So the door should open any minute." I said.

"Wow. Thank God you work here." Niall said.

We all looked at each other as the floor started to shake.

"Someone's coming." Ry said.

We all moved out of the way of the door and it quickly opened as a woman walked down the stairs. We ran toward the door and made it just before it closed.

"Guys! We made it!" Ry cheered.

"Not yet. Look." Niall said.

I looked to where Niall was pointing and saw Ken talking to a few toys. Oh my God. We quickly ducked under a shelf and started walking toward him quietly.

"Did you or did you not see them?!" Ken yelled.

"No." The little duck from earlier quacked.

"Wrong answer. Take him away." Ken snapped.

No! I was about to step out from our hiding spot when Niall grabbed my arm.

"Niall! Let me go. He's going to do something to-"

"Cass please don't fight me. We have to do this." Niall said.

I looked at the duck getting shoved away and back into Niall's eyes. He shook his head as I fought back tears. Someone we didn't know saved us.

"Why? Why would someone do that?" I asked as I buried my head in his chest.

"I don't know. I really don't know." He said as he stroked my hair.

"Come on guys! We have to go!" Ry said.

We pulled away and I blew my breath, trying to calm down. We snuck around some more always looking over our shoulders. Soon we made it to the toddler room, and thankfully they were still asleep.

"Tod's mat should be around here somewhere.... Ah. Here it is." I said.

I gave Niall and Ry a look that said 'let me handle this' and they stayed back. I got near the little boy's ear and stroked his hair.

"Tod? Wake up." I whispered.

I saw his eyes open and he shifted a little.

"Cassy?" He mumbled.

"Yah Tod it's me."

"Why are you so small?"

"S-something happened. Something terrible and my friends and I need your help. Can you help us Tod?"

"Um yah."

"Attah boy." I said.

"What do you want me to do?"

"Take us home with you. Sneak us in your backpack and drop us off at the house beside yours."

"Ok." Tod said as his eyes closed again.

"We'll be here when you wake up." I said and kissed his forehead.

I turned around to Niall and Ry and gave them a smile.

We're in.