Chapter 6

"It's so dark. I can't see a thing." Ry mumbled.

I heard a thump then a groan. And I stifled back a giggle.

"Niall? Did you just fall?" I asked.

"No. I tripped. Something was in my way."

"You're such a dork." I said laughing.

"Hey! Do you see that?" Ry asked.

I looked around and saw nothing but darkness.

"No. Ry. I see nothing."

"It's a green glow coming from across the room." Ry said.

I squinted hard and saw a little glow.

"Maybe it's a switch or something. Let's go see what it is." Niall said.

It's our only lead at the moment so we might as well. We all started walking toward it in silence. None of us not knowing what to say. We're in a very interesting situation, but I have to admit it's the most fun I've had all my life. I kinda don't want to go back. After I've felt and seen what it feels like to not have to deal with an evil step brother I don't want to go back.

I like this feeling.

It feels carefree.

I feel happy.

I feel like a teenager.

I've never felt like this before. I've always felt loaded with responsibilities so much that I was sinking into the ground. I was drowning. But now I'm staying afloat. For now. I've felt like this ever since Niall came into my life. I looked over at Niall, but it was so dark I just saw his silhouette.

"Please don't leave." I whispered.

I closed my eyes tightly and repeated it in my head. Then my feet ran into something and I felt myself falling through the air. I gasped and threw my arms out to soften my fall. Then I felt a strong embrace pull me away from the ground and back on my feet.

"How about we walk with our eyes open yeah?" Niall whispered in my ear.

My voice got caught in my throat and all I could focus on was how close he was to me. His mouth practically touching my ear, he chuckled.

"At least I had my eyes open." He said.

"I think that's worse. I couldn't see you could." I said laughing lightly.

"What were you thinking about?"

"It's nothing. Stupid actually. Let's just keep going." I mumbled.

I know it was stupid. He has thousands of girls in the palm of his hand. Why would he go for me? Absolutely ridiculous Cassandra.

"Niall?" I said.

"Yah?"

"Thank you."

"You're welcome Cass." He said and squeezed me gently before letting me go.

I smiled and was thankful that it was dark. I'm sure my face was redder than a cherry. That 'Thank You' was for more than he could ever imagine and he acted like he knew. Like he knew how much it meant.

But that's crazy........right?

A/N: Sorry that it's so short. I'll try to update more. School is getting a little crazy. Exams and stuff are coming up.