Chapter Twenty-Two- All We Know Is Falling

"Angelo we can't do this pretend thing. Chris tried to kill you!"
"Megan we need to do this" Angelo croaked out. They were in the nurses office as Angelo needed to take the next period off and Megan agreed to stay with him.
"What so Chris can kill you?"
"No! Because I love you and I need you to fall for me"
"Angelo I love you just not in the way you want and we can't do this because I don't want you to get hurt"
"Ok. I'm sorry for being an ass"
"I'm going to go talk to Chris"
"No he'll hurt you!"
"Ange I'll be fine. If he tries to hurt me I'll use my slayer strength and beat him up" Megan joked
"Ok go" Megan walked out the room and the school into the cold air. She took out her phone and texted Chris,
'Meet me in my car' She assumed Chris was still talking to the principal so she got in her car and turned on the heating. She heard the door and close.
"So what did you want to talk about?" He asked.
"I got Kristie to lie for me"
"Lie about what?"
"Me and Angelo. Angelo does having feelings for me but we're not dating"
"Oh so I attacked my best friend for nothing"
"Even if we had been dating you shouldn't have attacked him"
"I just don't know how to control myself especially around you"
"Well you should learn Chris because I can't trust you at the moment"
"Okay" He walked out the car and Megan rested her head on the wheel.
"How the fuck did my life end up like this?" Megan mumbled to herself. She turned on the car and drove out of the school.

"Umm Chris..." Devin mumbled when he walked over.
"What?"
"Well it's just with all the stuff going on we thought it be best if we distance ourselves from you"
"So basically you don't want to be my friends"
"No we do its just we need some time apart until all this drama's over"
"Ok fine" Chris stormed away angry that his friends had chosen his ex over him.
"Why did you make me do that?" Ghost asked the guys.
"Because who could hurt that cute little face" Ryan said pinching his cheeks.
"Fuck off" He said slapping his hands away.
"Oh my god you guys would be so cute together" Kristie said.
"Well unfortunately we're cursed with being straight" Ryan replied.
"Well actually I'm pan" Devin said.
"I love pans too!" Kristie exclaimed.
"Babe stop" Ricky said placing his hand on her shoulder.
"But Megan isn't here to make fun of so I have to target other people" She rested her head on his shoulder and he put his arm around her.
"And we're the cute ones" Ryan mumbled.

"I'm not going back Kyle!" "It's a legal requirement"
"Screw the law"
"Megan you can't break the law"
"Yes because underage drinking, smoking weed are definitely not offences I've committed to say a few"
"This is different Megan"
"But I don't care and everyone there sucks"
"What about Kristie?"
"She doesn't suck but Ricky sucks and she's dating him"
"Megan just go. Okay? You never have to see any of these people afterwards so why do you care?"
"I don't. That's why I'm not going"
"I swear to god I will carry you all the way to school"
"Why do you care?"
"Because you're my friend"
"Fine I'm going" Megan sighed and walked through to the bathroom.

"Hey guys" Megan said to all the guys noting that Chris wasn't there.
"Megan listen just until this dramas all cooled off we're not going to talk to you or Chris" Ryan said
"Oh right that's okay. I guess" Megan looked at Kristie with pleading eyes but Kristie just mouthed 'I'm sorry' and looked away. Megan turned and walked back to where she used to sit. Back before everything happened.