Chapter Thirteen- Chris Realises

The guys had just finished rehearsal at Balz's house and were packing up their instruments.
"I can't believe you're going to prom" Ricky commented.
"That's because you're a single loser and I have a smoking hot girlfriend" Chris responded.
"I'm just saying it's some lame tradition that should have died out years ago"
"Well it'll be nice to get some pictures of me and Megan in formal wear"
"So you can compare them to your wedding pictures?"
"Fuck off"
"Okay. I've got to go anyway so bye" He grabbed his guitar and walked out of the room.
"Yeah I've got to go too" Devin said walking out the room too. The remaining four just sat talking about music and school and everything.

Eventually Angelo and Ryan left leaving just Chris and Balz.
"So with the prom thing are you going to just not turn up or are you going to do it in front of the whole year?"
"What thing?"
"The breaking up with her thing"
"Oh right" Chris had forgotten he had planned to do that. "In front of the whole school"
"Yeah more embarrassing that way"
"Yeah definitely" Chris laughed.
"God that bitch is getting what she deserves"
"Don't talk about her that way" Chris snapped.
"The guys aren't here you don't have to act like you actually have feelings for her"
"Oh right yeah sorry" and that's when some realisation dawned on Chris. "I have to go"
"Ok bye man see you at school" Chris stood up and walked out. The second he was out of the house he started running.

He arrived at Megan's house and knocked on the door out of breath. The door swung open and her roommate was stood there.
"I'm here to see Megan"
"She's upstairs. Try to be quiet" He said stepping out the way. Chris ran past and made his way to Megan's room. He opened the door and saw her sat on the bed with her headphones in. She looked over at the door and saw Chris stood there. Her face lit up and she removed her headphones.
"Hey Chris why you here?" He didn't responded just walked over and grabbed her face bringing her lips to his. He pulled away from the kiss after a while and spoke
"I fucking love you. I don't ever want to loose you"
"I love you too. Why did you tell me now though?"
"I just realised how I felt and had to come tell you" Chris was finally behind honest with himself and Megan. He didn't know how long he had actually had feelings for her but he did and he didn't have any plans to break up with her.