Chapter Nine- Band Practice

'Hey do you wanna come over to see my band rehearse? <3' Chris texted Megan. Angelo had been bugging Chris to invite Megan to a rehearsal for weeks now. They had been 'dating' for almost a month and Chris still hated Megan. Megan whereas was completely head over heels for Chris. She didn't have any doubts about Chris' feeling for her because why would he stay with her for so long if he hated her?
'Sure I'll be there soon xxx'
"She said she'd come" Chris said to the guys
"You know you guys are really cute together" Ricky said. Chris tried not to hit Ricky, I mean he thought they were an actual couple so he probably did think they were cute.
"Yeah we are" Chris grinned "Let's rehearse for a little bit before she gets here"
"Ok"

Just as they had finished playing the second song when Megan came through the door of the basement.
"Hey baby" Chris said walking over to kiss her.
"Hey" She leant up to kiss him as he was over a foot taller than her.
"If you just sit over there you can hear some of our stuff?" 'and I don't have to look at your face'
"Ok will do" She went and sat in the chair and Chris turned to talk to Ryan who was tuning his guitar.
"So what song are we going to play?"
"I don't know. You're the singer I just play guitar and look hot. Isn't that right Megan?" He said winking at her. Chris felt a spark of jealousy which didn't make any sense as he didn't like her.
"Don't flirt with her" Chris growled.
"Dude I was joking calm down" Ryan said putting his hand up in surrender.
"Well it wasn't funny" Chris didn't understand why this making him mad. Maybe he'd spent so long acting that it just came automatically. Angelo looked at Megan who was just looking at the band in confusion. She looked at Angelo and he signalled with his head that Megan should go to Chris. Megan stood up and walked towards Chris, she put her hand on his arm in an attempt to calm him down but he just spun around and threw his hand off her.
"Don't try and comfort me. This is all your fault! I wish I'd never asked you on a date"
"Oh" Megan could feel the tears welling up in her eyes but she didn't want anyone to see her cry so she ran out the room and up the stairs.
"What the fuck?" Angelo said.
"What?"
"Why did you say that to her? You know what I don't even want to know. Just go after her and apologise" Chris just stood there not knowing what to do until eventually Angelo spoke again. "Fine I guess I'll do it or will you accuse me of flirting with her" Chris didn't respond he just bowed his head in shame that he had pissed off two of his best friends.
"I think that's enough rehearsing for today" Ricky spoke and everyone started clearing up their instruments as if they'd been waiting for the queue to do so. Chris eventually moved to grab Ryan's arm. Ryan flinched and Chris let go.
"I'm sorry man. I overreacted"
"It's okay. She's your girlfriend I overstepped my bounds but you should go and talk to her"
"I know I feel terrible" He did genuinely feel terrible but at same time he was proud that he'd managed to upset her. His aim with dating her. All the guys left quite saying goodbye except Balz who was still clearing his keyboards
"That was amazing dude. I mean admittedly you didn't need to flip on Ryan and Angelo is kind of pissed at you but telling Megan you didn't want to date her that was amazing"
"Yeah thanks" Chris said putting on a fake happy voice but Chris was getting tired of faking his emotions.
"You should go and talk to her though. Don't want Angelo to hate you forever"

Megan had ran to a nearby park and was currently sat up a tree crying her eyes out. She heard some yell her name but didn't respond as she didn't want to talk to anyone.
"Megan I can see you up there" She looked down and saw Angelo. "Come down please"
"Ok" she croaked out. She climbed down and sat on the floor around the tree and Angelo sat next to her
"Are you okay? That was a stupid question ignore me"
"I'm sorry for ruining the band rehearsal I knew I shouldn't come"
"It's not your fault Chris has a short temper"
"God damn I really fucked up"
"No you didn't"
"What if he breaks up with me?" Megan started sobbing again and so Angelo just put his arm around her and tried to comfort her. She heard someone walked over and mumble to Angelo. She felt Angelo's arm move from around her and someone else sit down beside her.
"I'm really sorry" She looked up and saw Chris sat there. "I didn't mean anything I said I swear. I was just angry"
"But if you get like that every time you're angry then how is this going to work"
"I know I need to try and work on this but just forgive me please"
"Ok I will"
"Can I get a hug?"
"Yes" She wrapped her arms around his waist and he wrapped her arms around his shoulders. Chris didn't understand why but he suddenly felt content.