Chapter Seven- The Date

"Fuck!" Megan yelled as her eyeliner broke. She was getting ready for her date with Chris and was stressing big time over it. I mean she didn't want to look like she'd put too much effort into it but she didn't want to look like a slob. She also still wasn't sure if Chris was being serious, she was worried that he was going to stand her up or sleep with her or something that she couldn't even think of.
"Calm down" Kyle said walking into her room.
"It's stressful do you know how long it's been since I've been on a date?"
"I mean considering most your relationships last one night. Never?"
"Haha I've been on a date with... Holy shit I've never been on a date" It hit Megan that although she'd been with lots of guys she'd never been on a date or had a relationship. "Oh god that makes everything worse"
"Calm down no one wants to go on a date with someone who's got a stick up their ass the whole evening" Megan calmed herself down and tried to convince herself that nothing was going to go wrong.

While this was going on, Chris was sat on his bed in sweatpants watching TV. He was trying to decide if he should show up at the restaurant late and mock her or if he should do it at school on Monday. His phone vibrated and he looked and saw a text from Angelo which read,
'You better be getting ready for your date'
Angelo wasn't exactly being subtle about the fact he liked Megan or the fact that he didn't trust Chris with her but he would never act on his feelings for Megan. Especially if Chris was dating her. Chris realised at that moment that if he stood Megan up then Angelo would probably never talk to him again and end up dating Megan, and he didn't want his best friend to end up with someone like her. He decided he would fake date her for a little while just enough so she wouldn't trust men for a while and wouldn't end up with her friend. He stood up and looked through his wardrobe for something to wear determined to make this the best date ever so she would believe he actually had feelings for her.

Megan arrived at the restaurant almost actually on time. She walked in and asked the waitress for table for two. She sat down and had to resist the urge to chew her sleeves- something she did when she was nervous. She looked at the menu and glanced up at the door every so often but Chris hadn't come through it.

Almost half an hour later and Megan got up to leave. She had figured out that it was clearly a joke by this point and didn't want to have to be there any longer. She was just standing up when Chris came sprinting through the door. Megan was shocked that he had actually shown up and slowly sat back down in her seat. She looked at what he was wearing and saw it was an extremely well fitting suit. Megan never realised how much more attractive people were with suits on. He smiled and waved and walked towards her
"Sorry I'm late I had a dilemma with my straighteners. You look beautiful" He said sitting across from her. He wasn't lying on either accounts there. He had genuinely had a problem with her straighteners and did think she looked beautiful. 'If only it wasn't for her personality' Chris thought
"It's okay. You look good too" Megan had to resist the urge to yell at him
"So what you thinking of ordering?"
"Probably just a veggie burger" Megan had looked through the menu multiple times and had figure out it was the only vegetarian option.
"You're a vegetarian?"
"Yeah"
"Oh well that's a deal breaker I love chicken way too much" Chris joked pretending to leave.
"Well you can eat as much chicken as you want as long as you don't try to make me"
"That's fine then if you tried to take it away from me though that just wouldn't be right" The waitress came over at that point and took their food and drinks order. Once she left they resumed their conversation.

"I had a really good time tonight" Chris lied. It had be tiring having to pretend to care what she had to say
"I had a good time as well"
"Well that's good does that mean there is going to be a second date?"
"If you want their to be"
'No' Chris thought.
"Yeah sure sounds great"
"Ok well this is my car" Megan said. Chris looked at the car and was shocked I mean for a member of the richest family in the area she had the old, most broken car he had ever seen.
"Ok well I'll see you on Monday at school"
"See you" They stood their awkwardly for a few seconds before Chris made the decision and leaned in and kissed her.
"Good night" he said once he pulled away walking to his car.