Distractions and girls night

They say distractions helps keep your mind off things that would other wise plague it. They say,"Keep yourself busy and she'll be home in no time."

For weeks Camila had heard so many different versions of comfort speeches, she felt ready to snap at the next mention of distraction.

Were they stupid?

It's not like going to the movies would take her mind off her barely recovered girlfriend, who was most likely putting herself at risk. Yeah, the new Avenger's movie had helped, Camila thought in frustration walking out of the theatre bitterly.

Dinah decided she wanted hit up a late night movie, and dragged her along, all against her will might she point out.

After playing on her phone for two hours, she sighed in relief when the lights came on, but from the frown on her best friends face, she knew she was in trouble.

They were now walking a couple blocks over where Camila was able to find parking, both silent waiting for the explosion they both knew was coming.

Deciding to bite the bullet, she mumbled, "I'm sorry China..."

Dinah was ready to full on rant, when she stopped at the dejected look on her best friends face. Deciding to not kick her friend while she was down, she breathed in deeply to calm herself.

"What was wrong with the movie this time chancho?" sighed Dinah tiredly.

Camila looked down and cursed herself as tears pricked her eyes.

"Nothing.." Muttered Camila sniffling.

"Mila, I understand that right now is hard. So I didn't say anything about the massive make up you put on to hide the circles under your eyes. I don't say a word about the many nights I've woken up to hear you crying. Or the completely fake smile you wear everyday, as ou pretend everything is okay. I don't say a word about any of that, but I'm about to beat your ass if you start lying to me now." Dinah bit out, stopping their walk to face her friend.

Camila looked at Dinah surprised, and stuttered,"You know about all that?"

Dinah shot her room mate a scathing glare as she exclaimed,"I've been living with you for almost four years! Of course I would notice! I know what you real smile looks like, and that fake one you've been sporting isn't it. You just talked got a letter from Lauren yesterday so I know she's okay. So what is wrong?"

Blinking back the tears that wanted to escape, Camila asked,"Do you remember the letter Lauren left me the first night we met?"

"Of course. What does that have to do with anything?" asked Dinah confused.

"She signed it Your Friendly Neighborhood asskicker. It's a spiderman kind of thing. She used to be really into the super heroes, like I was as a kid. The movie just reminded me of one of the many conversations we had about who was better Captain america or Iron man...." Camila trailed off willing her tears back.

"Thor duh." Dinah answered seriously as if both of them were stupid for leaving him out.

"That's not... Any way, after I remembered that and tried to focus on the movie, I watched the scenes of the military helping save the world.... and they were dying left and right because they didn't have super powers.. All those people died leaving families behind, and all anyone cared about was how cool Iron man looked..."Camila spat angrily, as tears ran down her face.

Dinah blinked in surprise, and then shrank her shoulder back as guilt started to weigh on her. She didn't mean to make Camila have a break down, she only wanted to show her a good time, and tke her worries away even if it wasn't for long. Thinking back on some of the gruesome scenes of the soldiers dying in the movie, she realized she should have picked a better movie.