Saying goodbye to the best part of you

Camila was someone who prepared for many things in her life. There wasn't much that truly shocked her. Even the night she had first met Lauren, she wasn't truly surprised that she had almost been assualted. Actually, since the opening of the men's club, she assumed it would only be a matter of time before something to that level happened.

She prepared herself by taking pepper spray everywhere, and reading up and maintaining her emotional stability, in case something eventually happened.

Even throughout the almost six month relationship she had with Lauren, you would think that Camila would have prepared herself for the day she would have to say goodbye.

It was inevitable.

Yet standing in the airport, with the many Jauregui's present, her mind seemed to detach from her body, and all the preparations she had put so much effort into maintaining for this exact moment... didn't mean a thing.

Nothing could prepare her for saying goodbye to the love of her life.

She watched as Clara gripped onto her daughter, desperate to hold her one last time if their prayers went unanswered. Her tears were running down her face as she shakily released her oldest, passing her to her husband whose eyes were almost red from the effort he was weilding to stop the tears from flowing.

He held his child, who he treasured more than any contract, any amount of money that he endlessly was in reach of. He held her, cursing himself for forcing his hand in her enlisting. She had joined for the pride he had already held for her, and he wished he could take back the many instances that led her to believe she needed to do something like this to have it.

Mike released Lauren from his own shaking arms, and watched as his youngest children engulfed her in a hard embrace, both whispering for her to be careful and to come home safe.

Giving them their privacy, Camila turned towards Normani and Alexa with pleading eyes that begged for reassurance.

"You'll make sure she's safe right? She wont run off and be a hero?" Camila begged tearfully.

Alexa and Normani both hugged the shaking bartender, both trying to give her comfort before she comepletely broke.

"We'll look after her Mila. We promise. She WILL come back to you. Don't worry so much...breath and try to calm down." Whispered Normani concerned.

"She'll be okay Mila. As long as your here waiting for her, she will be okay. " Alexa added quietly.

Camila released them from their embrace, and shakily nodded her head in thanks.

"Be safe too okay? I need the three of you to come back in one piece." Camila added as she gave them a fake smile.

Normani snorted as she said,"We got this. Don't worry so much. The three of us are a team."

"Yup, three muskateers! We'll be okay. Just keep yourself safe, got it? I don't want Lauren distracted because you decided to take a night stroll and got mugged. Your safety is important too." Alexa ended seriously.

"I'll be okay. I promise. No risks for me." Camila promised with a small smile.

Both Marines nodded, and quickly gave Camila a wave of good bye when they saw Lauren make her way towards her girlfriend.

Camila watched as her Marine walked towards her in her pristine uniform, and could think of a time she had looked so beautiful.

Lauren came to a stop in front of her, and ran her eyes across Camila's face, trying to take in every inch of her lovers beautiful appearance, hoping it would be cemented into her mind for the long five months ahead of her.