Making a point

Clara and Lauren scheduled times when Camila was free to try and build a prototype for their presentation for military buyers in a few weeks. Camila was excited to help, and felt flattered that they actually valued her opinion.

Almost an hour behind schedule, the two woman bid Clara goodbye for the day and headed out excited to start their adventure. Camila followed Lauren to her apartment with her car, and together they made their way to Lauren's apartment.

Camila roamed Laurens apartment while Lauren was getting dressed, and felt like it was another aspect of the green eyed girl that she instantly was attracted to. The apartment was very tidy and organized, with optimal space, but not excessive.

Book shelves lines Lauren's walls, along with vinyl records,cd's and an extensive move collection.

The art on the walls were very telling. Many paintings expressed a deep sense of yearning, laced with a hint of fear, while other portrayed a sense of deep contemplation. So many different artists, and styles of art, made Camila's heart flutter, making the attraction to the raven haired girl rise continually.

Lauren stepped out of her bedroom startling Camila, and she watched as brown eyes ran over the tight jeans, fitted band tee and worn down leather jacket Lauren was sporting. Camila smiled fondly at the beanie with a pair of lips on it, and thought Lauren could not get any cuter if she tried.

Biting her lip, Camila said,"You look very attractive right now."

Lauren eye brows raised as her cheeks grew warm. Walking towards her, her boots made a authoritative sounds on the wooden floor that sent shivers down Camila's spine. Once Lauren was close enough she smirked and whispered,"You look beautiful too Camz, I'm sorry that I was caught up with all the drama and excitement before to tell you, but it should never be over looked, I've rarely seen you where you didn't look absolutely breathtaking."

Camila's breath hitched as green eyes bore into her, and she bit her lip to stop herself from throwing herself at the Marine. Take it slow, she reminded herself.

"Thank you. Do you have specific places in mind?" Camila whispered softly still staring into Lauren eyes.

"Why don't we just see where our hearts take us?" Lauren suggested holding out her hand for Camila to take.

Camila intertwined their fingers and whispered,"Sounds promising. Lead the way."

-------------------------------------------------------------------

Lauren rode with Camila around the city, stopping at places they wanted to explore together.

The ended up in FAO Schwarz, where Camila insisted in stopping so she could replicate o of her favorite tom hanks movie and dance on a toy Piano on the Floor. Lauren watched as Camila dance carefree, and she couldn't remember when she had just had innocent fun, or even laughed and smiled so hard.

After an hour exploring the toy store, and trying out all the awesome toys, they ended up at the Guggenheim Museum. Where Lauren listen to Camila ramble excitedly about the architecture and engineering geniuses responsible for the amazing artifacts inside.

Lauren had never had someone to talk to intellectually besides her friends and family, and watching Camila's face light up as her hands moved excitedly as she explained to Lauren about the mass evolution that the engineering world had taken, made Lauren hope she never had to live in the dull world Camila's presence brought her out of again.

Their stop at the empire state building was the most entertaining, because despite Camila's insistence that she wasn't afraid of heights, once they reached the top her spazing came to a whole new level, thoroughly entertaining Lauren.